According to the NIH, during clinical trials more than 60 percent of investigational drugs fail, even if they showed promising results in pre-clinical studies on cell and animal research. In an effort to stop this from happening, NIH has announced it will award 13 “Tissue Chip for Disease Modeling and Efficacy Testing” awards in the form of $15 million per year for two years to Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Columbia University, Duke University, Harvard University, and others toward the development of 3-D Tissue Development (also known as microphysiological) systems to model diseases.
These systems, referred to as “tissue chips,” will mimic functions of human systems and organs in addition to supporting living cells. Tissue chips will provide researchers a new way of testing drugs before human clinical trials, and to better understand drug safety and toxicity. The funding will allow scientists to understand a disease more thoroughly as well as accurately predict how a patient will respond to a drug treatment. NIH hopes this will help the success rate of drugs in clinical trials. Researchers will study diseases such as ALS, rheumatoid arthritis, influenza, kidney disease, and arrhythmogenic cardiomyopathy before partnering with pharmaceutical companies to assess a candidate drugs effectiveness (read more).
Are you looking for a laboratory to perform disease research or testing of a pharmaceutical? We can help save you time and money searching for a lab! Call us today at 1-855-377-6821 or visit our website. Below are some of the recent pharmaceutical and disease research test requests we have received:
- Pharmaceutical Contract Research Organization (CRO) needed for preclinical study of efficacy of antimicrobial peptides against corona virus causing Middle Eastern Respiratory Disease including Anti-MERS-CoV assays of the putative AMP as well as cell viability assay.
- US preclinical Contract Research Organization CRO needed for efficacy study in AAV ?-synuclein transgenic Rat and/or Mouse model against Parkinson?s disease TA is recombinant protein and dosing route is IV. frequency was not decided so they are thinking daily in preclinical studies.
- Europe preclinical contract research organization laboratory needed for biomarker study for the diagnosis and treatment of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease using mitochondrial dysfunction as the biological marker for diagnosis. We are looking for a laboratory with an international presence and broad spectrum of tests available to adopt a new diagnostic protocol for ATP profiling .
- India Pharmaceutical Bioanalytical Laboratory needed to test the behavioour of molecules on Alzheirmers disease.
- Dental contract research organization cro needed for FDA GLP preclinical study: periodontal disease using bacteriophage-based therapy in ferret and murine
- Pharmaceutical company needs clinical laboratory for Mossbauer and ESR testing under GMP conditions
- Europe or US Preclinical Contract Research Organization needed for preclinical study: pharmacology Testing of experimental compound in mouse model of Graft versus host disease, or mouse model of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- FDA registered and GMP analytical laboratory needed for USP assay analysis and method verification of Azithromycin for Oral Suspension according to the most recent USP method by amperometric electrochemical detector.
- FDA cGMP pharmaceutical laboratory needed for stability testing for antibiotics following the USP or BP compendial methods for assay and degradant HPLC tests.
- view more test requests