The American National Standards Institute, better known as ANSI, was founded in 1918 and is a standards setting organization in the United States, aimed with helping the U.S. economy remain competitive in the global marketplace and ensuring consumers health and safety while protecting the health of the environment. Standards and guidelines set by ANSI relate to every industry, from farms to construction. The ANSI mission statement reads, “To enhance both the global competitiveness of U.S. business and the U.S. quality of life by promoting and facilitating voluntary consensus standards and conformity assessment systems, and safeguarding their integrity” (learn more about these standards).
The American National Standards Institute works with other standards developing organization to develop national standards by accrediting the procedures set by other organizations and then working together to create voluntary national consensus standards. One of their main roles is to oversee that standards developing organizations maintain their integrity and are meeting ANSIs essential requirements. Standards help get products to the market while simultaneously improving product and consumer safety.
The following are test requests received by Contract Laboratory for testing of products:
- Automotive laboratory needed for testing of glazing materials (glass) to ANSI Z26.1, American National Standard for Safety Glazing Materials for Glazing Motor Vehicles and Motor Vehicle Equipment Operating on Land Highways – Safety Standard
- Laboratory needed for testing a pilot and thermocouple assembly to ensure that it meets ANSI Z21.77 for Piezo-Electric Spark Ignitors for Manually Operated Electric Gas Ignition Systems
- Accredited laboratory recognized by certifying bodies needed for testing of metal halide quartz lamp to determine if it fullfills the demands for O-rating. The test is described in ANSI C78.389 Annex A (normative): Containment testing procedure for metal halide lamps withquartz arc tubes
- Construction materials laboratory needed for vinyl flooring testing to ANSI/ESD STM 7.1 Standard Test Method for the Protection of Electrostatic Discharge Susceptible Items on 3 vinyl floor covering products
- FDA GMP medical device laboratory needed for testing to support FDA 510(k) based on FDA-recognized consensus standards: 3-80 AAMI ANSI ISO 81060-1:2007/(R)2013 – Non-Invasive Sphygmomanometers – Part 1: Requirements And Test Methods For Non-Automated Measurement Type and 3-96 ISO 81060-1 First Edition 2007-12-01 Non-Invasive Sphygmomanometers – Part 1: Requirements And Test Methods For Non-Automated Measurement Type
- Analytical chemistry laboratory needed for testing of activated carbon powder for use in a water filtration system to NSF/ANSI 61 – Drinking Water System Components
- URGENT TESTING Performance laboratory needed for ASHRAE testing of air filter to ASHRAE Standard 52.1-1992,Gravimetric and Dust-Spot Procedures for Testing Air Cleaning Devices Used in General Ventilation for Removing Particulate Matter or minimum efficiency rating value (MERV) per ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 52.2-2007, Method of Testing General Ventilation Air Cleaning Devices for Removal Efficiency by Particle Size
- Materials laboratory needed for NRR/SNR rating of protective earmuffs to meet standard ANSI S3.19 and if possible EN 352-1: 1993 desired.
- Product safety laboratory needed for testing of ladder levelers to ANSI 14.8-2013 (Safety Requirements for Ladder Accessories).
- Materials laboratory needed for ANSI Testing of LED Smart Film products to meet welding filter requirements of ANSI Z87.1-2015 table 6, American National Standard for Occupational and Educational Personal Eye and Face Protection Devices
- View these test requests and more!
If you are a consumer product manufacturer, producer or importer, save yourself time, money, and effort by letting Contract Laboratory help you find laboratories to perform your necessary product testing. Call us toll-free today at 1-855-377-68211 or visit our website to submit your test request online.