How PFGE and WGS are used to detect illness outbreaks?
DNA fingerprinting is often performed on bacteria isolated from people who are sick by using techniques called pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) and whole-genome sequencing (WGS). These techniques provide important genetic information about germs such as bacteria.
Contract Laboratory has helped many companies with their Genetics and Genomics Scientific Research and Development R&D Projects:
- LONG-TERM TESTING FDA GMP Genetics Laboratory needed for Quality Control QC DNA fingerprinting analysis (Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism) of a yeast used in pharmaceutical product
- Canada Genetics Laboratory needed for DNA fingerprinting, karyotyping, and relationships of DNA, RNA, Adenosine Triphosphate, mitochondria, and creatinine to hereditary dominant, dominant recessive, and recessive degenerative disorders of the nervous system including muscular dystrophy, Parkinson’s Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, and Huntington’s Disease
- DNA Fingerprinting by AFLP true to type match for tissue culture plants by AFLP technique. We have few Date palm samples to be analysed.
- Organization needs genetics laboratory for DNA Fingerprinting (PCR-Amplification)of certain species of endangered wild animal hair samples to determine the number of individuals in the study area
- Food Microbiology Laboratory needed for microbiology testing on draft coffee product brewed infused with nitrogen for the following organisms: Staph. Aureus Salmonella Escherichia coli (E. coli) Listeria Mold
- View more examples of genetics and genomics research and development projects
Need Genetics Laboratory for Bacteria Whole-Genome Sequencing?
Need a laboratory to perform DNA fingerprinting by whole-genome sequencing or pulsed-field gel electrophoresis? Submit Genetics Laboratory Test Request or by calling 1-855-377-6821. Or are you a laboratory that can perform these types of testing resulting in a DNA fingerprint?
Originally posted 2018-02-14 20:58:06.