Why is Canadian General Standards Board CAN/CGSB testing important
Contract Laboratory received a request to facilitate the outsourcing of Canadian General Standards Board CAN/CGSB Testing for textiles. CAN/CGSB is an abbreviation for the Canadian General Standards Board. The Canadian General Standards Board CAN/CGSB Testing is one of the largest standards development and conformity assessment organizations in Canada. Accredited by the Standards Council of Canada, the CGSB offers Standards Development, Certification and Qualification Programs.
The Laboratory Test Request we received was from a company manufacturing bed sheets that needed Canadian General Standards Board CAN / CGSB Testing prior to importation into Canada. The testing needed was to perform a variety of fabric testing including quantitative analysis of fiber mixture, Woven Fabric count, Breaking strength-grab method, Tearing Strength, Dimensional change in laundering, Color Fastness to light, and Color Fastness to laundering.
Contract Laboratory has helped other companies with the outsourcing of their Canadian General Standards Board CAN/CGSB Testing including the Laboratory Test Requests below:
- Medical Device company needs textile laboratory for laundering testing for patient slings to CAN/CGSB 4.2 Method 58
- Microbiology Laboratory needed for AOAC microbiology testing to Canadian General Standards Board CAN/CGSB -2.161 (AOAC) challenge test (Salmonella, Staphylococcus & Pseudomanas) the sample is a disinfectant ( all purpose cleaner)
- Physical Laboratory needed for flammability testing FR test on safety products & garments fabrics to Canadian CGSB155.20 flame resistant standards
- North America Health Canada Microbiology Laboratory needed for Virucidal activity testing as per CAN/CGSB-2.161-97 for Norovirus and H1N1.
- Canada Materials Laboratory needed for CGSB155.20 flame resistant testing
The above examples are only a few of the CAN / CGSB outsourcing projects that Contract Laboratory helped facilitate. To view more, visit Incoming Laboratory Test Requests.
Need a Laboratory for CAN / CGSB Testing ? Submit Laboratory Test Request
If you have any other questions on CAN / CGSB Testing, please call us at 1-855-377-6821
Republished by Blog Post Promoter