Cell-based assays are done to predict the response an organism will have to a drug, this is most often determined by measuring physiological response. These assays are commonly used to determine how likely a product is to achieve a specific biological effect. The versatility of cell-based assays allows them to measure almost any cellular function or biochemical function.
Cell-based assays are commonly used in drug discovery as they give researchers a more accurate picture of biological responses. Drug development looks at an organisms response to the drug at different times, best analyzed through cell-based assays. Factors to consider when choosing which assay to use include: time required to set up, signal stability, sensitivity, and ease of use.
If your organization is looking for a laboratory to perform your cell-based assays or other testing, call us at 1-855-377-6821, or submit an online test request!
Organizations we have helped acquire cell-based testing are:
- USA / CANADA Preclinical Virology Laboratory needed for initial proof of concept pre-clinical testing of our compound in regards to anti-viral activity against HSV-2, HSV-1 (genital herpes) and HPV (human papillomavirus).
- USA Pre-clinical Contract Research Organization needed for preclinical virology studies: anti-HIV testing in cell-based assay
- Europe bioanalytical laboratory needed for biopharmaceutical testing: Kinetic analysis of antibody-antigen binding by surface plasmon resonance and cell-based assay for inhibition of proliferation of human lymphocytes
- FDA GMP Bioanalytical lab nneeded for testing Cell-based assay with real time PCR readout.
- USA Bioanalytical laboratory needed for anti-inflammatory activity testing of natural product extracts utilizing iNOS and COX testing of cell-based assays
- EU FDA GMP laboratory needed for testing biological potency determination of Interferon using a microtitre plate cell-based assay. The bioassay is a CPE (cytopathic effect)assay and uses MTT as a cytochemical stain. This test would be formally transferred to the contract testing laboratory.
- Cell-based assay to measure levels of TNF-alpha release Quality Control Testing.Must meet GLP/GMP requirements.
- or check out all our test requests, here!
Learn more about the bioanalytical research and testing services Contract Laboratory has to offer!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter