There are many different types of common antibodies. Antibodies are large proteins the body produces in response to an antigen, or any foreign substance that produces an immune response in the body, to counteract the affects of the antigen.
Immunoglobin is a protein that acts like an antibody. The most common, IgG (immunoglobulin G) is found in bodily fluids. It protects against bacteria and viruses.
Another common antibody is immunoglobulin M (IgM), found in blood and lymph fluid and is the first antibody made when fighting infections.
IgA (immunoglobulin A) is in the mucous membranes of the nose, ears, eyes, respiratory tract, and digestive tract. IgA protects the body surfaces from foreign substances.
Contract Laboratory frequently works with companies looking to the outsource their Antibody Testing and Research Studies.
Antibody projects that we have helped facilitate:
- Clinical laboratory needed for blood testing for H-Y antibodies.
- Asia serology laboratory needed for Rabies Serological Test / Antibody Titer
- Blood center needs bioanalytical laboratory for High-Volume complete whole blood and plasma testing of up to million samples a day including all CBC, antibody, biomarker testing, virus (including confirmatoty)
- Bioanalytical Laboratory needed for monoclonal antibody testing according to EMA and FDA guidelines: Testing of monoclonal antibody for effector function according Testing of monoclonal antibody preparations for Fc gamma receptor interactions Testing of monoclonal antibody preparations for FcRn interaction
- Laboratory needed for development of companion animal lateral flow antibody and antigen diagnostic test products including Canine Heartworm, Lyme disease, Ehrlichia canis, Anaplasmosis and in the feline, FeLV and FI .Need USDA required testing for sensitivity, specificity and inter-laboratory validations with securing US source reagents (whole blood, plasma, and serum) In most cases the assays are detecting antibody. In a small number of cases we will be detecting antigen.
- Bioanalytical laboratory needed for Imaged Capillary Isoelectric Focusing iCIEF for monoclonal antibody mAb identification.
Are you a laboratory that works with Antibodies? View more Antibody Test Requests
Do you work for a pharmaceutical, life science, healthcare facility or other company that needs a laboratory to perform Antibody Testing Research Studies? If so, we would be happy to help. Call us at 1-855-377-6821 or Submit an Antibody Test Request.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter