Enzyme-linked immunospot (ELISPOT) assays are widely used for monitoring cellular immune responses and have been used in the diagnosis of tuberculosis and in monitoring the body’s tolerance to grafts and transplants. Similar to ELISA, ELISPOT combines immunoassay and bioassay because the live cells are cultured in the wells of the ELISPOT plate.
The ELISPOT assay is relatively easy to perform, using a 96-well plate and an ELISPOT reader to analyze the results. First, coating antibodies that are specific to a protein, are immobilized onto the well-plate. Cells are then added to the plate and incubated for a pre-determined length of time. Proteins released from the cells are then trapped by the coating antibodies surrounding the cells. A cell forms a colored spot, also known as a “footprint” in the well that represents its secretory activity. SFC, or spot-forming cells, is a measure of the number of antibody secreting cells.
The ELISPOT assay can measure almost any secreted protein where analysis of a single cell is needed. The FDA uses ELISPOT as the basis for diagnosing tuberculosis, done using the T-spot test. Contract Laboratory has helped many companies and organizations facilitate their ELISPOT assay research and testing such as:
- Gene Therapy company needs CAP/CLIA laboratory to conduct ELISPOT testing for T Cell response
- CAP / CLIA Bioanalytical Laboratory needed to do Elispot testing to ISO 15189.
- Preclinical and Clinical Contract Research Organization needed for preclinical studies and clinical studies: 1. An Neutralizing Ab test to screen and identify animals and people with neutralizing antibody toour gene therapy vector, and 2. a CTL (Elispot) assay to measure CTL responses to our Gene therapy vectors.
- USA Preclinical Laboratory needed for Non-GLP Preclinical Pharmacokinetic / Pharmacodynamic Study: Preclinical PK/PD NHP (cyno), 7 week study n=30, subcutaneous dosing, weekly serial bone marrow collection, whole blood and serum collection, and ability to perform FACS and Elispot, or alternatively provide lab space for us to do these assays.”
- USA Clinical Laboratory needed for FACS ELISPOT testing
- Sweden FDA GLP, CLIA GMP Bioanalytical laboratory needed for ELISPOT, Elisa, Flow Analysis
- Germany or UK FDA GLP, AAALAC clinical CRO needed for Vaccination-Induced Cell-Mediated Immunity ELISPOT
- FDA GLP / GMP bioanalytical laboratory needed for human blood testing: 1. IgA and IgG ELISA for a particular vaccine antigen and adjuvant; 2. ELISA for IFN-gamma, IL-2, IL-4. IL-5 and IL-13; 3. ELISPOT for IFN-gamma, IL-2, IL-4. IL-5 and IL-13.
- and more
If you are a pharmaceutical company, hospital, health clinic, or other medical facility that needs a laboratory for ELISPOT assays, call 1-855-377-6821 or submit a Laboratory Test Request.