The US FDA announced new FDA food labeling guidelines for food packaging. The new labels would reflect scientific information, “including the link between diet and chronic diseases such as obesity and heart disease”. The new FDA food labeling is being done to make it easier for consumers to make healthy, informed, eating choices.
The new FDA Food labeling design will feature the following features:
- The words “calories,” “servings per container,” and “serving size” in a larger font, with the number of calories bolded
- Actual amounts of Vitamin D, calcium, iron, and potassium in addition to the percent Daily Value
- The footnote explaining percent Daily Value will be clarified
- Added sugars will be displayed in grams and percent Daily Value
- Updated list of required if nutrients; Vitamin D, potassium, calcium, and iron will all be required
- “Calories from fat” will be removed
- Daily values for nutrients will be updated
- Serving sizes will be updated to reflect the actual serving sizes the public are consuming
The new US FDA food labeling must be implemented by manufacturers before July 26, 2018. Contract Laboratory has helped many manufacturers, distributors or importers with their nutritional labeling testing projects. Some examples are below:
- Laboratory needed for Ph level, nutrition facts and food labeling testing of marinade and sauce to meet certification standards of Virginia department of health.
- New company in the US market planning to release several European food products at retail needs FDA laboratory for FDA food labeling compliance testing requirements.
- USA FDA GMP Laboratory needed for food labeling testing and Final testing of food product prior to going to market to make sure ingredients are as labeled and at correct levels
- NYC or NJ FDA GMP Analytical Chemistry Laboratory needed for food labeling testing for lactic acid, nutritional analysis for food labeling
- Analytical chemistry laboratory needed for nutritional facts testing for labeling
- FDA GMP food analytical chemistry laboratory needed for food labeling analysis testing
- Laboratory needed for nutritional testing for food labeling of Baked sweet goods
- all our test requests can be seen here.
If you are a manufacturer, distributor, retailer, importer or restaurant that needs a third-party contract laboratory for n FDA food labeling or nutritional testing, submit a free Food Laboratory Test Request , or call us at 1-855-377-6821.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter