The FDA has issued more than 13 food recalls in the last 7 days. The recalls were related to undeclared ingredients like soy, milk and eggs, listeria and E. coli, and products not being manufactured in compliance with cGMPs. The FDA posts all food recalls on their website, along with the reason for the recall. These can be viewed here.
Food recalls happen for a variety of reasons. Usually due to the food having the potential to make a consumer ill due to foreign organisms, a food product containing possible allergens, or omitting or mislabeling of food.
Contract Laboratory often receives test requests from companies needing food and food product testing.
Food Recall Test Requests
- Food testing laboratory needed for organoleptic product comparison testing of raw versus processed and cooked meat.
- Toxicology Laboratory needed for BS Toxicity tests of plastic crates as per BS 6920 + GSO 1863
- Food Laboratory needed for liqueur product development and analytic chemistry testing / analyis for the amount of each ingredient including: 1. Cream 2. Sugar 3. Alcohol 4. Maltodextrin 5. Glycerol Monostearate 6. Sodium Citrate
- Food Laboratory needed for analytic chemistry osmolality testing of a sports beverage.
- Food microbiology laboratory needed for FDA / BAM quality control release testing of rice flour. Bacillus Cereus FDA Bam <100/Gram Clostridium Perfringes FDA Bam <10/Gram Clostridium Botulinum FDA Bam <3 CFU/Gram
- Food microbiology laboratory needed for viral testing of produce and water for norovirus and hepatitis A per ISO 17025.
- Plus more!
If your company or organization is in need of a laboratory to perform nutrition, allergen, food safety or other type of food testing, submit a test request on our website!
Originally posted 2017-03-15 15:59:58.