Performing Testing to be in Compliance with the FPLA – Fair Packaging and Labeling Act
The Fair Packaging and Labeling Act (FPLA) of 1967, issues regulations from the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FPLA requires that consumer goods have labeling which discloses and identifies the contents and naming the manufacturer or distributor as well as their location, and the quantity of contents. The FPLA also has regulations preventing deception in regards to ingredients and size of packaging, as well as other regulations where necessary. The FPLA refers to all consumer goods, food, drugs, cosmetics, household items, medical devices, and more. One way to be in compliance with the FPLA is to have independent packaging and labeling testing of your products by a third-party laboratory.
Contract Laboratory regularly received Laboratory Test Requests from companies needing packaging and labeling laboratory testing services to be in compliance with the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act. Some of the recent packaging test requests we have received include:
- Packaging laboratory needed for bottles and caps testing for bottled water.
- Packaging laboratory needed for melt flow index MFI testing for hdpe resin used in the manufacture of plastic crates. 20 samples
- LONG-TERM TESTING Brewery needs packaging laboratory to outsource their HDPE resin analysis used in producing plastic plastic crates for bottles. Melt Flow Index (MFI) analyser for HDPE resin.
- Packaging Laboratory needed for vibration testing an automotive pallet load to ensure returnable packaging will hold up pack ships for automotive manufacturing industry. size of pallet load 48x45x53h total weight 1050lbs 4 layers per pallet load will the bottom layer hold up
- Packaging Laboratory needed for Burst Strength Testing of Corrugated Cardboards.
- Pharmaceutical company needs packaging laboratory for special packaging of three different types of bottles to 16CFR 1700.20, Testing procedure for special packaging
- Packaging Laboratory needed for Child resistant packaging testing on resealable mylar bag.
- Packaging Laboratory needed for packaging certification testing as Child Resistant according to 16 CFR 1700.20, Testing procedure for special packaging.
- Pharmaceutical packaging laboratory needed for packaging testing of containers to USP 671 Containers?Performance Testing for light transmission requirements
- e-liquid company needs packaging laboratory for packaging teting of glass and LDPE Plastic bottles to Title 16, Part 1700.20, Testing procedure for special packaging.We have glass and plastic bottles. Our plastic bottles are LDPE. We have 3 different caps and 12 bottle sizes.
- and many more Packaging and Labeling Claims Testing . View more Laboratory Test Requests!
If you are a manufacturer, producer, or distributor of consumer goods and need container, product packaging, or labeling claims testing to be in compliance with the FPLA , Fair Packaging and Labeling Act, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit a Packaging Test Request.
To read more about the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act, click here.
Originally posted 2016-09-12 18:43:04.