Immunohistochemistry (IHC) is a technique used to diagnose, or even differentiate, different types of cancers or other diseases. This lab test uses fluorescently dyed antibodies to selectively test for specific antigens in a tissue sample. When an antigen gets bound by an antibody the dye is activated allowing the antigen to easily be found under a microscope.
Many diseases appear similar when viewed under a microscope and one of the best and easiest ways to distinguish them is to identify specific molecules on a cell that can act as a marker. Using immunohistochemistry techniques, these markers can easily be found and the correct disease identified.
In addition to diagnosing diseases, IHC can also be used in drug development, biological research, and confirming prior diagnoses. In tumors, IHC is used for diagnosing whether a it is malignant or benign, the stage, the origin, and more.
Staining and viewing IHC slides under a microscope used to be an individual job done one slide at a time. With recent technological advancements, the process has become more automates and many slides can be viewed at once.
Are you a laboratory or researcher in need of immunohistochemistry testing or research? Let us help save you time and money looking for someone to perform your necessary testing! Call us toll-free at 1-855-377-6821 or visit us online! Below are our most recent IHC test requests, to view more of these and other requests, visit our website!
- Preclinical BSL II contract research organization (CRO) needed for in vivo studies requiring injection of a vector into rat thalamus. Stereotaxic surgery after 21 days by harvest of thalamus and immunohistochemistry performed.
- Europe University Researcher needs histology laboratory for Immunohistochemistry for CD52 on a tissue slide (paraffin-embedded, formalin fixation.
- LONG-TERM: Preclinical CRO Immunology/Histology Laboratory needed for Non-GLP histological processing from buffered formalin fixed tissues (human and animal, size 6 mm diameter, approx. 40 um thick) into H&E stained slides (at 3 different levels) and about 10 FFPE unstained slides for further subsequent immunohistochemistry,
- LONG-TERM: Preclinical CRO Immunology/Histolgoy Laboratory needed for Non-GLP histological processing from buffered formalin fixed tissues (human and animal, size 6 mm diameter, approx. 40 um thick) into H&E stained slides (at 3 different levels) and about 10 FFPE unstained slides for further subsequent immunohistochemistry
- University Researcher / Start-up Pharma needs USA Preclinical Contract Research Organizations CRO’s needed for immunohistochemistry proof-of-concept studies (in vivo and in vitro experiments) . Central USA preferred.
- France University researcher needs histology laboratory for Immunohistochemistry on 1 slide (TMA) for research antibodies (already purchased or not, examples ALDH, SOX).
- Research Laboratory is seeking microscopy contract laboratory for confocal and SEM of E.coli and other bacterial species for downstream immunohistochemistry.
- Histology Laboratory needed for histological tissue preparation followed by TUNEL and activated caspase 3 immunohistochemistry on human tissue
- India Immunology Laboratory needed for IHC( iNOS, TNF-alpha, cox_2) assay is being performed in your lab. What will be the charges per sample.
- View more
Republished by Blog Post Promoter