Can you guess today’s #microbe?
Here are your clues:
- It’s a #bacteria
- Rod-shaped bacilli
- 2,300 subtypes
- Live in the gut of infected humans and animals
- More than two thousand known strains
- Affects 1 million in America every year
- Is diagnosed by its biochemical reactions
- More than 40,000 cases were reported to the CDC in 2009
- Has more than 2,400 serotypes
- Is zoonotic meaning it can pass animals to humans
- Belong to the enterobacteriaceae family
- Are non-spore-forming
Know what this microbe is? Leave your guess in the comments below! And remember, if you need microbial analysis or testing, submit your test request by calling 1-855-377-6821 or at https://www.contractlaboratory.com/labclass/forms/outsource_entryform.cfm?requestType=microbial
Originally posted 2018-03-12 13:47:27.