It’s Monday and time for another #microbeMonday!
- it a virus
- the most common cause of gastroenteritis
- results in about 685 million cases a year
- single stranded
- belong to the Caliciviridae family
- can be classified into 5 genotroups
- are non-enveloped
- have linear and non-segmented RNA genome
- replication is cytoplasmic
- replicates through positive stranded RNA virus transcription
- replicates in the small intestine of the host
- commonly diagnosed by polymerase chain reaction assays
Have a guess what this microbe might be?Let us know!
If you need microbial analysis or testing, submit your test request by calling 1-855-377-6821 or at https://www.contractlaboratory.com/labclass/forms/outsource_entryform.cfm?requestType=microbial