Ready for another microbe Monday? Below are your clues!
- is a bacteria
- is gram-negative
- rod shaped
- can cause disease in humans, plants and animals
- has a natural resistance to antibiotics
- found in water, soil and skin flora
- is citrate positive, catalase positive and oxidase positive
- thrives in low oxygen atmospheres
- thrives on moist surfaces
- can decompose hydrocarbons
- is a facultative anaerobe
- relies on iron for growth, yet excessive iron is toxic to it
- cause chronic opportunistic infections
Do you have a guess what this microbe might be? Let us know!
If you need microbial analysis or testing, submit your test request by calling 1-855-377-6821 or at https://www.contractlaboratory.com/labclass/forms/outsource_entryform.cfm?requestType=microbial