Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a Staph Bacteria
Recently, ContractLaboratory.com received a request from a company seeking a microbiology laboratory or surface testing for pathogenic bacteria & viruses including MRSA, which stands for Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. According to the US Center for Disease Control’s website, it’s a type of staph bacteria that is resistant to many antibiotics and can cause severe problems such as bloodstream infections, pneumonia and surgical site infections.
MRSA is detected by a laboratory culture of the bacteria. In addition to broth microdultion testing, the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI), recommends the cefoxitin disk screen test, the latex agglutination test for PBP2a, or a plate containing 6 μg/ml of oxacillin in Mueller-Hinton agar supplemented with 4% NaCl as alternative methods of testing for MRSA.
ContractLaboratory.com has helped many companies and healthcare facilities with research and Development Studies and Testing. These include the following examples:
- Southeast USA commercial microbiology lab needed for MIC testing (minimum inhibitory concentration) or MBC (minimum inhibitory concentration) tests on a solution of antibiotic that we send them. They would need to have standard bacterial strains, such as S. aureus, MRSA, S. epidermis available
- Biomedical Laboratory needed for therapeutic wound dressing testing including: initial biocompatibility testings for: -cytotoxicity -sensitization -irritation Intended use will be for: over the counter use -minor abrasions -lacerations -minor cuts -minor scalds and burns under supervision of a heal
- India Microbiology Laboratory needed for disinfectant Testing for disinfectant efficacy testing for MRSA, E-COLI, STAPPHYLOCOCUS AUREUS,
- USA FDA GLP, EPA, ISO Microbiology Laboratory needed for GLP Microbiology Testing: susceptibility of Bacillus anthracis and MRSA to new antimicrobial agent
- USA Environmental Microbiology Laboratory needed for wastewater testing. Analysis of highly treated (tertiary treated) wastewater effluent for the presence and enumeration of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- USA Microbiology Laboratory needed for bacteria testing to determine the presence of MRSA (and other bacteria) on fabric samples form our workplace.
- Clinical Microbiology Laboratory needed for bacteria culture testing of a solution of hypothiocyanate (OSCN) on bacterial cultures of Staph A, MRSA, Stenotrophomonas maltophilia Pseudomonas A, and Burkholderia Cepacia. We have the basic formula for creating OSCN, and want to test
- India Microbiology Laboratory needed for microbial efficacy testing of Electrolyzed and Super-oxidized water which has the following contents: Water [99.8 – 99.9%] Hypochlorous Acid [0.02-0.03%] Sodium Hypocholorite [0.03-0.04] Sodium Chloride [0.05] ph6.0 ORP.850mv We wish to check for efficacy
- Anti-bacteria painting, and want to take a Resistant Strian Test with this paint submit to BS EN 13692:2001, the test should include the bacteria as follows, Test bacteria kinds£ºA.baumanii A.niger C.Albicans C.difficile E.coil E.hirea MRSA P.aerugiosa S.aureus
Does your company need a Laboratory for MRSA Research and Development ? Submit Lab Test Request
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-855-377-6821.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter