The National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) creates codes and standards related to fire and electrical safety. Generally, compliance with NFPA standards is voluntary.
However, compliance with the NFPA codes and standards can reatly improve the quality and safety of your products. From August 1, 2017 to August 22, 2017 there were 6 products recalled by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), due to fire hazards, burn hazards, or not meeting federal flammability standards.
The National Fire Protection Agency NFPA is a U.S. trade association tasked with creating and upholding standards and codes to be adopted by local governments. NFPA fire and flammability Standards are created for products relating to electrical equipment, electrical safety and maintenance, as well as fire, fireworks, explosives, and other fire related activities and equipment. It is estimated that in 2011, the cost of fires in the U.S. totaled $329 billion. This total includes economic losses, expenses from responding fire departments, insurance, rebuilding costs, and more. The number suggests that more fire safety measures need to be implemented in addition to new products and programs to improve fire safety.
The following are test requests received by Contract Laboratory for NFPA standards adherence testing, and other fire related testing:
- Materials laboratory needed for NFPA testing of goggles to NFPA 1977-11 for Heat and Thermal Shrinkage Resistance for goggles.
- LONG-TERM TESTING Lighting manufacturer needs physical laboratory for SAE and NFPA certification testing of LED lighting products to SAE J595, SAE J845, California Title 13, NFPA 1901-2009, KKK-A-1822F
- Materials laboratory needed for flame retardant testing on polypropylene woven fabric per standards DIN 4102 Class B 2, EN 13501, UL94VNT-2, NFPA701, FMVSS302.
- Laboratory needed for multiple testing on tape product AAMA 713 AAMA 711 AATCC 127 ASTM D412 ? Tensile Strength ASTM D 1970 Water Penetration ASTM D 3300 Adhesion and accelerated aging (multiple Tests) ASTM E331 For Exterior breather membrane : – ASTM D-1117 ASTM-D882 ASTM E2178-11 ASTM E2357-11 ASTM E96 Method B AATCC 127 per AC38, ASTM E84 and UV exposure/aging NFPA 285, Airtight interior membrane: – http://www.astm.org/Standards/E2178.htm ASTM D-1117 ASTM-D882 ASTM E96 Method B AATCC 127 per AC38, ASTM E84
- Laboratory needed for Fire rating testing to NFPA 701, NFPA 705, German fire code, Australian fire code, and UK fire code. Material is a nylon mesh material used in a performance environment that has been spray coated with a proprietary light diffuser and fire retardant
- Materials laboratory needed for surgical gowns testing – NFPA Standards – Standards for the use of Inhalation Anesthetics. – ASTM 1670, Standard Test Method for Resistance of Protective Clothing Materials to Synthetic Blood. – ASTM 1671 Test Method for Resistance of Protective Clothing Materials to Penetration by Bloodborne Pathogens Using Viral Penetration as a Test System. – ANSI/AAMI PB70:2012, Liquid Barrier Perfrmance and Classification of Protective Apparel and Drapes Intended for Use in Health Care Facilities. – ASTM F2407-06, Standard Specification for Surgical Gowns Intended for Use in HEalthcare Facilities. – ASTM F1670-08/F1670M-08, Standard Tests Method for Resistance of Materials Used in Protective Clothing to penetration by synthetic blood. – ASTM F1671/ F1671M -13, Standard Test Method for Resistance of materials using in proetctive clothing to penetration by blood-borne phatogens using Phi-X174 Bacteriophage Penetration as A
- Physical Laboratory needed for ASTM Flammability testing of water based primer formulation for confirmation that product it is rated 0 in NFPA 704 standard to ASTM D 6668 (according to NFPA 704 requirement)
- Certification laboratory needed for National Fire Protection Assocation certification testing to certify a boot style to NFPA 1977 standard.
- Physical Laboratory needed for NFPA fire rating testing of metallic cable trays ( hot dip galvanized) in conformity to NFPA 130. Fixed Guideway Transit & Passenger Rail Systems
- plus many more!
Looking for a laboratory to perform your NFPA or fire resistance testing? Let us help save you time and money! Call 1-855-377-6821 or visit us online to submit your test request!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter