Pharmaceutical Pharmacokinetic / Pharmacodynamic Studies or PK / PD studies are techniques used in the study of pharmacology. Pharmacokinetic, commonly referred to as PK, is the study of what the body does and how it reacts to a drug. Conversely, pharmacodynamics, referred to as PD, is how the drug effects the body. PK and PD studies are commonly performed together as they both factor into the drug dosage, benefits, and negative side effects.
Test Requests for PK and PD Studies Received by Contract Laboratory
- Preclinical laboratory needed for toxicology, pharmacokinetic (PK), active ingredient (API), and side effect studies of a weight loss supplement.
- Preclinical pharmaceutical CRO needed for a pharmacokinetic study and pK analysis in human plasma.
- FDA Preclinical laboratory Contract Research Organization CRO needed for in vivo (canine) toxicology and pharmacokinetics / pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) testing of cannabis.
- Pharmaceutical company running a clinical trial in Canada early 2016 needs Bioanalytical Laboratory for Pharmakokinetic / Pharmacodynamic PK/PD assays on the GyroLab and MSD technology platforms.
- USA Preclinical Laboratory needed for Non-GLP Preclinical Pharmacokinetic / Pharmacodynamic Study: Preclinical PK/PD NHP (cyno), 7 week study n=30, subcutaneous dosing, weekly serial bone marrow collection, whole blood and serum collection, and ability to perform FACS and Elispot, or alternatively provide lab space for us to do these assays.”
- Contract Research organization CRO needed for PK/PD studies to measure citrulline concentrations in animal plasma using MRM or another appropriate analytical technique.
- View more test requests
Looking for a laboratory to perform PK and PD research or scientific testing? Let us help! Save time and money by calling us at 1-855-377-6821, or visit our website to submit a test request today!
Originally posted 2017-06-27 02:16:07.