The drug development process is an iterative process. Each stage of development helps to ensure the final product is effective and safe. Preclinical drug development, often called preclinical studies, is the stage in the drug development process where the safety of a compound is determined.
A potential drug’s safety and efficacy must be established before clinical trials and human participation can occur. Only 1 out of every 5,000 potential drug products that goes through preclinical testing will continue on to become an approved pharmaceutical.
Tests performed during preclinical studies include toxicology testing that determine toxic dose levels (learn more about toxicity testing), efficacy studies that determine how effective a compound is, pharmacokinetic studies that determine what happens to a drug as it circulates the body, and pharmacodynamics that look at how the drug effects the body.
Preclinical drug development testing is performed both in vitro and in vivo with the overall goal being to move the testing into the next phase of development, clinical trials on human participants. If you need help with preclinical drug development, we can help you find a third-party contract laboratory! Submit a test request on our website, or by calling 1-855-377-6821!
Preclinical Drug Development Test Requests
The following are test requests we’ve received and helped find laboratories for testing:
- FDA GLP Preclinical Toxicology Laboratory needed for in vivo and in vitro peptide toxicity and pharmacokinetic studies on neuroscience small peptide
- Preclinical Contract Research Organization needed for research study on combinations of drugs on pancreatic cancer stem cells
- US Preclinical Contract Research Organization CRO needed for preclinical drug development to evaluate the effects of experimental topical formulation on healing of HSV 1 skin lesions using mouse flank scarification infection model
- US BSL-3, Non-GLP Preclinical Contract Research Organization needed for Preclinical Drug Development, efficacy testing of drugs on bacterial infections on animal model gut.
- URGENT Medical Device company needs preclinical Contract Research Organization for in-vivo surgical study of ECG data from a prototype cardiac monitor.
- Preclinical Contract Research Organization CRO needed to perform in-vivo repeated-dose toxicity study by the epidural route
- FDA GMP pharmaceutical preclinical Contract Research Organization CRO needed to for drug inhibition study againstthe replication of the HSV-1 (cold sore) virus by antagonizing arginine in tissue culture. We have a description for tests conducted.
- Small molecule therapuetic company needs pharmaceutical preclinical laboratory for low throughput testing the potency of novel compounds to inhibit DGAT2 (Diacylglycerol O-Acyltransferase 2)
- View more test requests here.
Originally posted 2018-01-29 17:15:19.