Today Contract Laboratory received the following test request, “Laboratory needed that can perform all individual testing for REACH registration of a personal care product specifically the analytical testing for product identity/confirmation. ” What is REACH registration, and what type of testing must be done for REACH registration?
REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) is a regulation set forth by the European Union, that began in 2007. It was started as a way to protect the health of the population and the environment from risks associated with chemicals, while simultaneously working to improve the EU chemicals industry.
All chemicals whether industrial or residential, are subject to REACH regulations which means most companies are affected by REACH. Each company is responsible for ensuring they comply with REACH regulations which means they must identify and deal with all risks associated with the chemical or substance they manufacture. Companies must demonstrate how they’re chemical substance can be used safely and effectively while ensuring the user understands the risks associated with the product. Ideally, this regulation should help companies and manufacturers switch out harmful chemicals for safer ones.
REACH registration requires companies to collect information regarding the potential hazards or risks posed by the chemicals and substances they are using or manufacturing and disclose it in a registration dossier. This registration must then be given to the ECHA (European Chemicals Agency), sometimes a chemical safety report is also included which provides a safety assessment of the chemical.
Are you in need of a laboratory for chemical testing or research? Let us help save you time and money, submit your chemical test request by calling 1-855-377-6821 or online! Below are a few of the recent chemical test requests we have received:
- Agrochemical company needs toxicology laboratory for the following toxicology studies: i. 5-batch analysis ii. Physio-chem analysis iii. 6- pack acute toxicology studies iv. Eco-toxicity
- Renewables chemical company needs biochemistry laboratory for residue preparation including synthesis and analysis
- Chemical company needs Analytical Chemistry Laboratory for Critical Micelle Concentration (CMC) analysis of two ethoxylated alcohol surfactant samples.
- Environmental toxicology laboratory needed for aquatic toxicology studies for OECD eco-friendly evaluation of engineering component washing media as per OECD, Guidelines for the Testing of Chemicals: OECD 201, Freshwater Alga and Cyanobacteria, Growth Inhibition Test OECD 202, Daphnia sp. Acute Immobilisation Test OECD 203, Fish, Acute Toxicity Test
- Chemical company needs analytical chemistry laboratory for purity testing of industrial isopropyle alcohol
- Analytical chemistry laboratory needed for ASTM testing of chemicals to ASTM D7863, Standard Guide for Evaluation of Convective Heat Transfer Coefficient of Liquids
- Biochemistry laboratory needed for estrogenic activity analysis of chemicals
- Analytical chemistry laboratory needed for castor oil testing percentage range of the following chemicals: ricinoleic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, stearic acid, palmitic acid and others.
- Toxicology laboratory needed for in vitro and in vivo toxicity testing for new chemical registration under TSCA; Toxic Substances Control Act
- Analytical chemistry laboratory needed for evaluation of a chemical treatment by organic sulfur analysis using GC equipped with a sulfur specific detector to obtain a chromatogram of sulfur-containing compounds at the ppm level. We need to separate the components for identification. We will then apply chemical methods to react away the sulfur components. We need the separation and quantification to evaluate chemical treatments.
- and more!