Need testing for salmonella done?
A golden brown turkey, fragrant cornbread stuffing with sage and smooth creamy gravy. A classic traditional favorite at Thanksgiving. While families are finding their heirloom roasting pans and gravy bowls, manufacturers and restaurants thoughts turn to that word Salmonella. Heard often associated with the revered Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing combination, the uttering of the word Salmonella brings about distressed looks of mush as turkey and stuffing bring about joyous looks. Smiles to frowns.
According to the US Center for Disease Control, every year, Salmonella is estimated to cause one million illnesses in the United States, with 19,000 hospitalizations and 380 deaths. So, what is Salmonella and how did invade Thanksgiving Turkey Dinners ?
Salmonella is a bacteria discovered by an American scientist named Dr. Salmon. It can cause foodbourne illness in infected people which includes diarrhea, fever and abdominal cramps 12 to 72 hours after Salmonella infection.
For Salmonella testing, Microbiology Laboratories culture a sample and may perform serotyping and DNA fingerprinting. Culturing a sample involves growing the bacteria in a specific environment such as petri dishes coated with nutrients to encourage growth. Serotyping is looking within a single species of microorganisms which share distinctive surface chemical structures. Different serotypes of microorganisms such as Salmonella share different characteristics and may have different effects.
While Diagnostic Laboratories perform Salmonella testing due to infection. Food Manufacturers, Producers, Ranches, Farms and Restaurants may test for Salmonella in their food products to ensure the safety of their products. In March 2012, the US Food and Drug Administration USFDA released a guidance document for the food industry entitled ” Testing for Salmonella Species in Human Food and Direct Human Contact Animal Foods”. This link can be found here: http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegulation/GuidanceDocumentsRegulatoryInformation/ucm295271.htm
Contract Laboratory has helped many food manufacturers, farms, ranches, producers, and restaurants with their Salmonella Testing. Below are some examples:
- MICROBIOLOGY / TOXICOLOGY LABORATORY NEEDED FOR OECD TESTING PRIMARY SKIN IRRITATION (OPPTS 870.2500, OECD 404) ? SKIN SENSITIZATION, BUEHLER ( OPPTS 870.2600 OECD 406) ? SALMONELLA TYPHIMURIUM REVERSE MUTATION TEST OECD 471, OPPTS 870.5100
- US Researcher needs food microbiology laboratory for Rapid microbiology testing for salmonella and e-coli in leafy greens (spinach, lettuce, etc.)
- Bioanalytical Laboratory (preferably in Mexico or California) needed for Ames Salmonella bacterial reverse mutation assays. Preferably a lab in Mexico; failing that in California
- Canada microbiology laboratory needed for DIN registration testing Against Salmonella enterica (ATCC 10708), AOAC use-dilution method: 955.14, 955.15 (1 batch, 60 carriers); – Against Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 6538), AOAC use-dilution method: 955.14, 955.15 (1 batch, 60 carriers); – ASTM E1053, AOAC use-dilution methods (UDM) modified for viruses (1 batch, 1 carrier); – Against Trichophyton mentagrophytes (ATCC9533), AOAC 955.17, AOAC use-dilution methods (UDM) modified for fungi (1 batch, 10 …
- Food microbiology Laboratory needed for microbiology testing on ground meat sold to fast food restaurants: Total bacteria count 30 degree celsius, Staphylococcus aureus, Coliform, Escherichia coli, Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella
- North America microbiology laboratory needed for microbiology challenge testing of sample of ionic silver (liquid) which we want challenged with these micro organisms FOR 28 DAYS- candida albicans, aspergillus niger, e coli, pseudomonas aeruginosa, staph aureus (MRSA) and enterococcus faecalis. On a separate quotation, please also provide the price for testing on listeria and salmonella
- Costa Rica and Russia ISO 17025 Food Laboratory needed for meat testing (microbiology, genetics, chemistry) including bacon, ham, beef toppings, italian sausage and chicken products, for: Total coliforms, Escherichia coli (E. coli), Salmonella ssp., Listeria spp., Listeria monocytogenes (L. monocytogenes), Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus), Aerobic plate count, Moisture, Protein, fat, salt. DNA species testing of the beef and pork products for Beef, Pork
- US Customs Broker needs private FDA Laboratory for salmonella testing on korean chili peppers. Please specify if your laboraory can do sampling
- MONTHLY LAB TESTING: Southwest USA laboratory needed for USAP and AOAC dietary supplement testing, primarily microbiology testinng and heavy metals testing. The dietary supplements in capsules (herbs, vitamins, minerals, other supplements). The supplements are all in dry powdered form. Certain products would be tested for certain things. The number of tests for a given product would range from 1-10. (approximately). 1. arsenic 2. cadmium 3. chromium 4. lead 5. mercury 6. aerobic bacteria 7. years
- Southwest Canada microbiology laboratory needed for microbiology testing on dried medicinal marijuana: Total arerobic microbial countTotal combined yeast and moulds countBile – tolerant gram negative bacteriaEscherichia coliSalmonellaAlfatoxinsHeavy metalsTHCCBDpest control residueHealth Canada suggests the European Pharmacopeia
- FDA GMP Virginia Food Laboratory needed for pork testing for approval of our curing process Aw ( Water Activity), PhListeria, Salmonella, E. Coli (counting)Staph Trichinecia
And many more. View more at https://www.contractlaboratory.com/labclass/requests/outsource_requests.cfm
If you are a food manufacturer, producer, farm, ranch or restaurant in need of Salmonella or other Microbiology Testing, call us Toll-Free at 1-855-377-6821 or Submit Microbiology Laboratory Test Request at https://www.contractlaboratory.com/labclass/forms/outsource_entryform.cfm
Republished by Blog Post Promoter