The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services whose main goal is the advancement of behavioral health. SAMHSA aims to reduce substance abuse and mental illness in the U.S.
The United States congress established SAMHSA in 1992 in an effort to bring light and attention to substance use and mental disorders. SAMHSA is tasked with providing information, services, and research to the public. They are also responsible for providing services and treatments to the public.
SAMHSA is responsible for certifying treatment centers to ensure they are in compliance with federal regulations for treatment related to substance use disorders. Programs and facilities applying for accreditation must comply with all government laws which differ by state.
If you need a certified SAMHSA laboratory to perform your scientific research or testing, submit a test request on our website, or by calling 1-855-377-6821!
Below are SAMHSA related requests we have received, view more of our test requests HERE:
- USA SAMHSA Clinical Laboratory required for sickle cell screen and confirmatory testing.
- LONG-TERM TESTING University needs Clinical toxicology laboratory for urine testing of urine 200-300 samples a year from participants to detect nicotine and other substance use.
- USA, Europe Non-GLP Preclinical Contract Research Organization needed for Non-GLP Anxiety Study in rats using elevated plus-maze or fear-potentiated startle with 1 compound, 3 test doses and positive control.
- LONG-TERM TESTING Life Science Company needs Analytical Chemistry Laboratory for osmolality testing on an ongoing series of liquid samples. Preferably using freeze-point depression osmometry.
- Compounding pharmacy needs analytical chemistry laboratory for pH and osmolarity testing of 3 samples of compounded vancomycin hcl solutions. The pH needs to be done by an analytical grade pH meter. The osmolarity needs to be done using freezing point depression methodology I need a price quote for this request.
- US Bioanalytical laboratory needed for protein testing: osmolality of a protein solution by vapor pressure rather than freezing point depression because we don’t trust our freezing point depression results.
- Preclinical Contract Research Organization CRO needed for in vitro testing for 25 molecules checking possibility various activity for appetite, addiction, memory, depression, analgesic, bipolar disease.
- Preclinical Contract Research Organization needed for preclinical study using models of spreading cortical depression either in vivo or in brain slices with which to test our compound.