On November 3, 2016, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services released it’s 14th Report on Carcinogens, or RoC. This report includes 248 chemicals, agents, substances, viruses, etc, that are known to, or have reason to believe, they cause cancer in humans. Five of the seven new substances added to this latest report are detailed in the infographic below. These include Cobalt, the Herpes Virus, Epstein-Barr Virus, Merkel Cell Polyoma-Virus, and Trichloroethylene. Information about these cancer causing agents is below.
Need a laboratory to perform scientific testing?
If you need a laboratory to test a potential carcinogenic chemical, agent, or substance, let us help. Call Contract Laboratory at 1-855-377-6821 or submit an online test request!
Some of the laboratory testing Contract Laboratory has already helped organizations acquire relating to carcinogens and cancer causing agents include:
- Toxicology Laboratory needed for OECD toxicity, toxicokinetics and carcinogenicity testing of chemicals for Safety Data Sheet SDS to OECD 417, Toxicokinetics, OECD 451 Carcinogenicity, OECD 203 Fish, Acute Toxicity Test and OECD 111 tier 3 for a Safety Data Sheet SDS.
- Construction materials company needs toxicology laboratory for toxicity and carcinogenicity testing of High pressure laminated sheet
- Toxicology Laboratory needed for Carcinogenesis Studies and Chronic Toxicity Testing Studies
- Product Safety Laboratories needed for product safety testing to EN ISO Standards:EN ISO 10993-10 Biological evaluation of medical devices. Tests for irritation and delayed-type hypersensitivity, , EN ISO 10993-05 Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 5: Tests for in vitro cytotoxicity , 10993-03 Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 3: Tests for genotoxicity, carcinogenicity and reproductive toxicity
- Non-Profit needs toxicology laboratory for carcinogenicity testing of chemicals.
- Florida consumer products laboratory needed for carcinogen testing of fabric bed: headboard and bedframe for carcinogens (TDCPP)
- and more!
To view the 14th RoC, click here.