Soil testing and analysis is most commonly done to determine the concentration of nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, as well as to understand the composition and characteristics, like pH or acidity of the soil. These tests can help determine deficiencies as well as growth potential.
Composite soil samples should be representative of the area needing testing, meaning they should have relatively the same color, texture, slope, etc. 10-20 samples per 40 acres is necessary to get accurate results. Sampling in the fall can provide best results as this is when pH and nutrient levels are at their lowest. However, sampling should be done about the same time every year to accurately track changes. Testing should ensue every year for up to 4 years, until quality results are established. Results from soil testing provide recommendations for fertilizers or other means to improve the quality of the soil.
Contract Laboratory has helped many companies acquire soil testing, such as:
- Middle East Proficiency Laboratory needed for ACi, ASTM construction materials proficiency testing for soil, aggregate, concrete, bitumen, water
- Environmental laboratory needed for US EPA Liquid release testing by US-EPA 9096 needed for 2-4 samples with consistency of soil
- Large corporations needs Environmental laboratory for fungicide efficacy field trials :in-furrow and/or soil drench fungicide applications targeting soilborne plant pathogens
- Oak plantation needs environmental laboratory for soil and tissue testing to identify transplant stress, blight or Chlorosis
- Bioanalytical Laboratory needed for Quantitative PCR analysis for Colletotrichum acutatum in soil and plant tissue samples from strawberry fields
- Environmental laboratory needed for insecticide residual analysis on soil, water and cabbage leaves. Please provide the price/quotation and duration of the analysis
- University researcher needs environmental laboratory for soil analysis and water microbial analysis 1) soil physical particle size distribution test chemical, total carbon, minerals testing microbiological total fungal, bacterial and earthworm analysis 2) water microbiological analysis total fungal, bacterial and coliform determination
- And more!
If your organization is in need of a laboratory to perform soil or aggregate testing or analysis, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit an online test request.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter