Testing for BPA can be performed on a number of consumer products, as BPA is found in such things as hard plastics, canned goods, sporting goods, water bottles, electronics, toiletries, the lenses of glasses, and much more! BPA, or bisphenol a, is a colorless, odorless synthetic compound that has been produced commercially since 1957 and is one of the most common chemicals produced in the world.
Research suggests that BPA leaches from the containers it coats and finds its way into food and beverages. Many believe ingesting BPA to be harmful due to the fact that it mimics the hormone estrogen, causing changes in growth, the repair of cells, energy, and even reproduction and fetal development. BPA can also affect the thyroid and its hormone receptors. Studies have also been done to examine whether BPA levels affect blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, and even obesity.
Ways to avoid excessive exposure to BPA include: using BPA-free products, using less canned goods and packaged foods, avoid heating plastic containers both in the dishwasher and microwave, avoid receipts, use more glass or other alternatives like stainless steel or porcelain for heating your foods and beverages to lower the chances of the chemical leaching into food.
Are you a manufacturer or producer looking for a laboratory to test your product for safe BPA levels, or that it is BPA free? Contact us today to see how we can help you find BPA testing laboratories! Call 1-855-377-6821 or submit a test request on our website!
Below you will find a few of the test requests we have helped facilitate from companies looking for laboratories for BPA testing:
- FDA food packaging laboratory needed for quality control, food grade verification testing of food grade container product that is manufactured for US firm in China. The food container is made of PP and TPE and needs to be testing to ensure it is FDA Food grade and BPA-free.
- FDA food laboratory needed for FDA food contact material safety testing of plastic resealable containers to show it is BPA free.
- Packaging company needs laboratory for overall migration limit testing on 8 different plastic products including shrink film and PET for the specific limits of heavy metals, primary aromatic amines (PAA), phthalates, bisphenol amine (BPA), and PAN
- Construction materials laboratory needed for bisphenol BPA testing in polypropylene sheets
- Materials / Polymer laboratory need for analytical chemistry testing: optical polarimetry for chirality of two separate bisphenol A (BPA) epoxy resins.
- Regulatory Agency need food laboratory BPA testing in baby food product for BPA levels
- North America Materials Laboratory needed for Migration test of Bisphenol A BPA and other possible constituents under 21 CFR 175.300 (d) table 1
- China or Israel Food Chemistry and Product Safety Laboratory needed for food safety testing of lunch boxes made out of #5 PP plastic lunch boxes made out of #5 PP plastic BPA / Estrogenic Acids Microwave / Dishwasher safety Other toxic / metal leaches Recyclability
- USA Consumer Products Laboratory needed for consumer products testing of silicone bands for BPA, as well as lead in the printing on the bands to see if it is child safe and BPA free
- plus many more plastics and packaging test requests!
Save yourself time and money by letting us help you find a testing laboratory!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter