The field of toxicology is a branch of science that “helps us understand the harmful effects that chemicals, substances, or situations, can have on people, animals, and the environment.” The field of toxicology has evolved from focusing on chemicals and poisons, to now being more about overall safety. Toxicology predicts how chemicals and other harmful substances may affect the public. The amount of exposure, the length of exposure, and a person’s age can all affect a person’s susceptibility to a potentially toxic sub.
There are more than 80,000 chemicals registered in the US with 2,000 new ones being introduced every year for use in everything from food and prescription drugs, to health and beauty products and cleaning products and unfortunately, the effects of most of these chemicals are often unknown. Toxicology aims to identify potential health hazards for those who come in contact with these chemicals, and safe levels of exposure.
Fortunately, there are a number of resources and databases for those interested in learning more about harmful chemicals and toxicology such as the IUPAC Glossary of Terms Used in Toxicology, the Hazardous Substance Data Bank (HSBD), LiverTox, and many more which can be seen on the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Environmental Health & Toxicology website.
Contract Laboratory has helped facilitate numerous toxicology test requests like the following:
- EPA environmental toxicology laboratory needed for acute toxicology testing/ EPA PRIA Action Code #A532 for antimicrobial pesticide registration of a product, which is an Oil/Water emulsion.
- Product Safety Laboratory needed for Toxicology Testing to ISO 10903-5, SVHC Substances forbidden in EU Legislation Non-Cytotocic Latex free
- Immedicatle need for clinical laboratory for Wellness panel blood, and urine toxicology for long term medicine use
- Environmental toxicology laboratory needed for toxicological studies (acute , chronic and ecotoxicity ) for 2 insecticides including Certificate of analysis for impurities analysis for the two product Please specify costs for each product and the time which will take
- FDA GLP Preclinical Pharmaceutical Contract Research Organization CRO needed for ICH and FDA GLP in-vivo toxicology study testing with the intravenous administration of pharmaceutical agent in canines
- Large Industrial Bioscience Company needs pre-clinical contract research organization genotoxicology studies on substance including Ames and Chromosomal aberration studies.
- View and respond to these test requests and more on our website.
If your organization needs a laboratory to perform toxicology testing on potentially hazardous chemicals or other substances, submit a test request on our website, or by calling us at 1-855-377-6821.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter