On May 27, 2016, the National Toxicology Program released a report outlining their findings on the potential health hazards of cell phones after a lengthy experiment conducted on mice and rats. The report in its entirety can be found here. The study looked mainly at radiofrequency radiation (RFR) and the negative affects it had on health.
To complete the study, NTP routinely exposed the rodents to “frequencies and modulations currently used in cellular communications in the United States.” The rodents were exposed in 10 minute increments for a total of 9 hours a day from birth until age 2. Low incidences of tumors were found in the brains and hearts of male rats, but not female rats. The experiments are ongoing and complete results are expected by the end of 2017.
Steps that one can take to reduce radiofrequency exposure from cell phones include reducing the amount of time spent on a cell phone, using speaker mode or a headset to distance yourself from the phone, or acquiring a hands free kit.
Contract Laboratory has received the following radiofrequncy and toxicology test requests:
- Electronics Laboratory needed for light testing to pass FCC part 15 , Radiofrequency Devices and CA Prop 65 before selling those products.
- India Lighting Manufacturer needs electrical laboratory for BIS radiofrequency disturbances test
- EPA environmental toxicology laboratory needed for acute toxicology testing/ EPA PRIA Action Code #A532 for antimicrobial pesticide registration of a product, which is an Oil/Water emulsion.
- GLP Environmental Toxicology laboratory needed for OECD testing of mammalian cell chromosome aberration in the presence of a chemical according to OECD Test No 473.
- Cosmetics Toxicology laboratory needed for Phototoxicity studies and dermal testing of essential oils.
- OECD GLP toxicology laboratory needed for Toxicology testing 5-BA physical-chemical properties on pesticides.
- to view and respond to these test requests and more, visit our website.
If your organization is in need of a laboratory to perform radiofrequency, toxicology, or other testing, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or visit our website to submit a Toxicology Laboratory Test Request.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter