Hurricane Harvey has caused flooding of numerous industrial and hazardous waste sites in Houston posing the threat of toxic pollutants leaking into floodwaters and eventually reaching the ecosystem downstream and contaminating the water, soil, and even the air through evaporation. Air quality testing is important as it determines the amount of pollution in the air which can cause sensitivities, respiratory illnesses, and other allergy like symptoms.
The Houston Health Department on Tuesday, began sending inspection teams around the city to monitor the air quality. The city has 6 air-pollution inspectors plus additional engineers and chemists who also monitor the quality of the air. The department was specifically concerned with the air quality around chemical manufacturing plants and petroleum plants.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has created the Air Quality Index (AQI) for measuring the amount of pollution present in the air. The AQI allows the public to determine how clean the air around them is and the EPA to advise the public regarding health effects of levels of pollution.
Air quality can be measured using a variety of techniques, though a common method, known as active sampling, where air is pumped through a collector where it is later taken to a laboratory for analysis. No matter how the air sample was collected, the pollution present is measured by concentration.
Need a laboratory to perform air quality testing? We can help save you time and money searching! Call us today at 1-855-377-6821 or submit a test request on our website!
The following are air quality test requests Contract Laboratory received and has helped facilitate:
- URGENT. Air quality analysis laboratory needed for NIOSH testing for nicotine.
- Electroplating company needs Industrial Hygiene Laboratory Air Quality measurement for plant in Asia
- Environmental Particle Pollution PM2.5 laboratory needed for air quality testing
- Australia Microbiology Laboratory needed for Compressed air quality testing for microbes: Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pneumoniae. Sample would be taken using Parker CAMTU unit and captured on Agar plate
- University Researcher needs Europe environmental laboratory for outdoor air quality testing to measure all (the toxic and non toxic) congeners of PCDD and PCDFs in a lichen matrix (similar to plants and fungi). Number of samples: around 40. We want to know all the detection limits of all the compounds, and the minimum amount of sample.
- NY construction laboratory needed for air quality testing, mechanical systems testing, plumbing testing, life safety systems testing, building interconnect testing, structural connections testing
- University Researcher needs Maryland environmental laboratory for air quality testing on indoor swimming pools. How fast and how much would it cost.
- India Microbiology Laboratory needed for microbial filtration efficacy testing of H1N1 Influenza Virus in Air Purification System for Home & Hospital use. We want to test efficiency in Killing Influenza Virus, Bacteria and airborne other virus/bacteria with Air Quality Test.
These requests and more can be seen here! Call us today to learn more about how we can help you!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter