On August 19, 2015, the US Center for Disease Control CDC released “NARMS (National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System) Now Human Data.” NARMS is an interactive tool which shows how antibiotic resistance for four bacteria has changed during the past 18 years. The four bacteria are Campylobacter, E. coli O157, Salmonella, and Shigella.
Each is commonly transmitted by food contamination. The CDC estimates that each year in the United States, antibiotic resistance to bacteria is responsible for two million illnesses and 23,000 deaths.
ContractLaboratory.com has helped many medical centers, research facilities and food manufacturers with the outsourcing of their Antibiotic resistance Research & Development and testing. Below are some examples of projects :
- Pharmaceutical Laboratory needed for USP Testing: antibiotic potency test as per USP <81> verification and release for one type of antibiotic using the cylinder method
- Microbiology laboratory needed for effect of commercial antibiotic on ixora plant
- University Research needs Africa Bioanalytical Laboratory for antibiotic susceptibility profile of Enterococcus species. The work involves polymerase chain reaction PCR detection of vancomycin resistance genes (vanA and vanB) in 7 presumptive VRE (vancomycin resistant enterococci) isolates
- Oregon Food Laboratory needed for milk testing: Antibiotic residue testing in raw milk (snap charm etc) to meet ODA requirements.
- USA FDA NABL Food Laboratory needed for food testing of foods including Honey: Authenticity and Residual antibiotics in food including Honey We are interested in utilizing US Lab services for testing of Purity of Honey by EA-IRMS or other methods and residual antibiotics in honey for export to USA.
- Southeast USA commercial microbiology lab needed for MIC testing (minimum inhibitory concentration) or MBC (minimum inhibitory concentration) tests on a solution of antibiotic that we send them. They would need to have standard bacterial strains, such as S. aureus, MRSA, S. epidermis available for the MIC/MBC testing.
- USA third party laboratory (Florida preferred) needed for third party efficacy certification testing: insecticide / Citrus Greening / HLB Antibiotic Testing We are in need of testing the efficacy and dosing levels of our all natural compound (FDA considers it generally regarded as safe.) needed to kill Huanglongbing “HLB” bacterial disease aka “Citrus Greening” and/or bacterium Candidatus Liberibacter asiaticus.
- FDA GMP Pharmaceutical Contract Research Organization needed for FDA GMP In vitro assays to study the intracellular activity of antibiotic compounds against Staphylococcus aureus
- California EPA Laboratory needed for water quality testing: Indirect Potable Reuse ambient water quality monitoring to EPA 8620EPA 552.2SM 5310CHerbicides / Pesticides GC/MSSM 3113BEPA 200.7EPA 245.1EPA 300 – 365EPA 160.2SM 2340BSM 2120BSM 9222 B DEPA 1600 – 1623EPA 600ASTM D4994-89Enterococcus virulenceBifidobacteriumLCAB pharms and antibiotics Hormones and Steroids by GC/MS Nitrosamine GC/MS to EPA 8620EPA 552.2SM 5310CHerbicides / Pesticides GC/MSSM 3113BEPA 200.7EPA 245.1EPA 300 – 365EPA 160 …
- Preclinical central laboratory needed for antibiotic study clinical patient testing: Protozoa testing for growth inhibition testing using antibiotics (In vitro)
- FDA GMP Pharmaceutical Microbiology Laboratory needed for USP Microbial Testing: 3 SAMPLES NYSTATIN ASSAY TEST BY Antibiotics-Microbial Assays as per USP general chapter 81 and suspendability test as per Nystatin USP monograph by Microbial (Suspendibility (where packaged for use in the extemporaneous preparation of oral suspensions) – Transfer about 200 mg, accurately weighed, to a 250-mL beaker containing 200.0 mL of water, and disperse by stirring gently with a stirring rod. Allow to stand for ..
- Microbiology Laboratory needed with validated test methog go Lactobacillus spp. MIC testing using E-test and microdilution methods for 25 common antibiotics according to EFSA QPS guidelines
- Toxicology Laboratory needed for DNA-Adduct testing using LC/Tandem MS on human serum for quinolones Requesting the availability of DNA-Adduct testing on human blood/serum using LC/Tandem MAS (LC/MS) for the protocols to identify [1,5-Dimethoxy-9, 10-Anthraquinone] which is formed upon DNA cleving of 4-quinolone antibiotic forming an Anthraquinone [Ethyl 6,8-difluoro-4-hydroyqinoline-3-carboxylate] the backbone to Levofloxin/Fluroquinolone [1,8 Dimethoxy-anthraquinone] linked to
- Genetics laboratory needed for bioanaltical testing DNA-Adduct testing using LC/Tandem MAS for the presence of quinolone compunds and their derivatives; [1,5-Dimethoxy-9, 10-Anthraquinone] which is formed upon DNA cleving of 4-quinolone antibiotic Type II and IV topo forming an Anthraquinone [Ethyl 6,8-difluoro-4-hydroyqinoline-3-carboxylate] the backbone to Levaquin/Levofloxin/Fluroquinolone [1,8 Dimethoxy-anthraquinone] linked to [9,10 Anthracenedione = C14H8O2] within human se
- Pet Food Company needs pharmaceutical analytical chemistry laboratory residual antibiotic testing of pet testing for the presence of 6 antibiotics not approved for use in feed animals. They are: sulfaclozine tilmicosin trimethoprim enrofloxacin sulfaquinoxaline sulfamethazole
And many more antibiotic resistance requests….view more Incoming Laboratory Test Requests
If your Manufacturer, Research Facility, Healthcare Organization, or Medical Facility needs assistance with it’s Antibiotic Resistance, Research & Development, or Testing, Submit Antibiotic Test Request or call us at 1-855-377-6821.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter