Today, we received a request from a hand sanitizer company for a laboratory to perform an anti-fungal efficacy study against Candida. So, what is Candida?
Candida is a type of yeast that causes most types of fungal infections and is the cause of most bloodstream infections. Though normal amounts of candida are often harmless, if an overgrowth occurs it can cause infection in people and animals such as candidiasis, also known as thrush. Overgrowth of yeast is common with prolonged use of antibiotics, or in those whose immune system is impaired or compromised, such as in those with HIV or diabetes.
Just as antibiotic resistance is on the rise, so too is antifungal resistance which is why ensuring a candida overgrowth doesn’t occur to cause an infection. In an effort to lower the chances of antifungal resistance, the public and especially medical staff are encouraged to adhere to hand hygiene guidelines set forth by the CDC.
The following are some of the many test request received by Contract Laboratory for candida or antifungal testing and research:
- Microbiology laboratory needed for anti-fungal efficacy testing against Candida auris.
- Microbiology laboratory needed for MIC and MBC microbial analysis on n-hexane fractions from Anthocleista vogelii and Alstonia boonei on the following microorganisms: 1. Common Bacteria- Escherichia coli, Bacillus subtilis, Salmonella Typhi, Klebsiella pneumonia, and Staphylococcus aureus 2. Bacteria causing venereal disease- Syphilis (Treponema pallidum), Chancroid (Haemophilus ducreyi), Chlamydia (Chlamydia trachomatis), Gonorrhea (Neisseria gonorrhoeae), and Granuloma inguinale or (Klebsiella granulomatis). 3. Fungal- Trichophyton mentagrophytes, Aspergillus fumigatus, Trichophyton rubrum and Candida albicans We desire to know the Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) be determined using dilution method for the above microorganisms.
- Pharmaceutical microbiology laboratory needed for antibiotic efficacy of a gel against MRSA, VRE, Candida sp., C. auris on biofilms.
- Veterinary Medicine company needs pharmaceutical microbiology laboratory needed for microbe specific efficacy testing of a newly developed therapeutic against Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas, Malassezia and Candida spp.
- North America microbiology laboratory needed for microbiology challenge testing of sample of ionic silver (liquid) which we want challenged with these micro organisms FOR 28 DAYS- candida albicans, aspergillus niger, e coli, pseudomonas aeruginosa, staph aureus (MRSA) and enterococcus faecalis. On a separate quotation, please also provide the price for testing on listeria and salmonella
- Microbiology Laboratory needed for antifungal research Testing of in vitro fungicidal spectrum of amphotericin based molecules on a panel of yeasts and molds, including candida and aspergillus. Antifungal mold and yeast MIC panel
- EPA environmental microbiology laboratory needed for GLP disinfectant efficacy studies of antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal agent per OCSPP 810.2200 disinfectants for use on hard surfaces; Protocol 01-1A for self-sanitizing activity of dried chemical residues on hard, non-porous surfaces.
- plus more!
If your research organization or company is in need of a laboratory to perform antifungal testing, visit our website to submit a request, or simply call us at 1-855-377-6821 and see how we can help you!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter