Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and electromagnetic interference (EMI) describe regulatory testing of electronic components of consumer goods.
All electronics emit some degree of electromagnetic radiation. EMI is ectromagnetic energy that alters how an electronic device functions. Electronics that tend to emit more EMI are products like cellphones, LED screens, and motors. Due to the constant presence of EMI, products are engineered and tested to function properly in their presence.
EMC refers to the compatibility of a device to function as expected with the environment around it, regardless of EMI. Electromagnetic susceptibility testing evaluates how electronic devices react when they are exposed to electromagnetic energy. EMC emissions testing measures the amount of EMI emitted from a devices internal electric system. Negative side effects that improper EMC testing can have include safety issues, product failure, or even data loss. Standards set by ISO, IEC, and CISPR define the acceptable EMI and EMC limits. The majority of devices fail initial EMI and EMC testing.
Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) | Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Testing
To avoid costly delays, Contract Laboratory assists electronics manufacturers with their EMI | EMC testing of electronics :
- Large industrial technology company needs electrical laboratory for IEC electrical performance and EMC testing of electrical substation relay to IEC 61810 or 60255 standards
- Automotive laboratory needed for SAE J1455 (electronic) compliance testing including EMC on two automotive air-pressure gauges.
- Electrical Laboratory needed for EMC Testing to DO 160 Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment for aviation products.
- ISO 17025 Automotive laboratory needed for all Automotive charger testing such as EMC conformance, vibration, dimensional
- Electrical compliance laboratory needed with in-house capabilities to do the following compliance test. Please provide quote for each test. 1. FCC/IC Part 95A / Part 95B RF Compliance Testing Measurements 2. FCC Part 15B / ICES-003 EMC Compliance Testing Measurements 3. FCC/IC SAR Compliance Testing Measurements
- Electrical Laboratory needed for CE Compliance Testing to the requirements of EU Council Directive 2004/108/EC, the EMC Directive
- Preclinical Medical Device Laboratory needed for Medical Devices Vibration testing, Medical Devices Impact, Medical Devices Electromagnetic Compatability Testing EMC Testing
- plus more Electronics Test Requests!
If you are an electronics manufacturer, distributor or retailer, let us help you find the EMC or EMI testing you need! Call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit EMC / EMI request online
Republished by Blog Post Promoter