On Monday, August 21, every state in the US will get a glimpse of a total or partial solar eclipse. Experts have warned that no matter where you are, “it is never safe to look directly at the sun’s rays — even if the sun is partly obscured,” as it can cause damage to the eyes. To avoid eye damage and still be able to look at and enjoy the eclipse, “solar eclipse glasses”.
Solar eclipse glasses filter visible light, all but about 0.003% of it, in addition to blocking out most ultraviolet and infrared light as well. These special solar eclipse glasses are made with a thin layer of aluminum, chromium or silver on the surface to reduce UV, visible, and infrared light and energy. To ensure solar eclipse glasses are the real deal, they need to have ISO certification, and be marked that they meet “ISO 12312-2” safety standards.
What does it mean to be ISO certified?
ISO, the International Organization for Standardization, is a worldwide, non-governental organization that creates guidelines, specifications, and requirements to ensure consistency in products, processes, and materials. With more that 21,778 standards published, standards touch on almost every market, technology, or industry. Standards create specifications for products and services that ensure safety, quality and efficiency. ISO was founded in 1947 after delegates from different countries met to coordinate industrial standards.
Products and companies follow ISO standards to be ISO compliant receive ISO certification of their product(s). This gives them benefits like: a larger market potential, improved efficiency and lower costs, and credibility to consumers.
Contract Laboratory has helped numerous companies find laboratories for ISO certification or testing of their products:
- MULTIPLE LABORATORIES NEEDED Company needs multiple labs participate in a collaborative study on ethanol in kombucha using a GC-FID method with headspace sampling. We will send a total of 10 samples for a total of 15 analytical runs. Samples will be sent in mid-late September. Participation counts towards ISO 17025 requirements, and names of participants will be published upon lab permission in trade media and as part of any resulting publications.
- FDA Medical Device Laboratory needed for ISO VOC, particulate, CO and CO2 testing for ventilator components with dry gas pathway contact for emergency and transport ventilator to ISO 10993-1, Biological evaluation of medical devices – Part 1: Evaluation and testing within a risk management process
- FDA GLP Medical Device Laboratory needed for performance testing of medical resuscitator to ISO 10651-4 Manual Resuscitator. The test to be performed include: Delivered O2 concentration – Expiratory resistance – Inspiratory resistance – Patient valve – (Dead space – Tidal Volume
- LONG-TERM TESTING Medical Device Laboratory needed for dynamic fatigue testing of endosseous dental implants to ISO 14801
- LONG-TERM TESTING: ISO 17025 food laboratory needed for various testing of food products including: Hepatitis A and E and Noroviruses, Hormones, Antibiotics and vitamin testing.
- Consumer Products Laboratory with ISO 17025 accreditation needed for Consumer Panel testing for child resistant packaging for lighters to 16 CFR 1210
- Medical Device laboratory needed for ISO pre-compliance filter testing on medical ventilation module in accordance with ISO 23328-1:2008 standard, Breathing system filters for anaesthetic and respiratory use — Part 1: Salt test method to assess filtration performance The standard specifies a salt (NaCl) filtration challenge.
- Metallurgical laboratory needed for ISO maximum bubble test on sintered metal, as per ISO 4003, Permeable sintered metal materials — Determination of bubble test pore size
- ISO 17025 metallurgical laboratory needed for ASTM testing of copper tubes (diameter 8mm) to ASTM B577: 2016 – Standard Test Methods for Detection of Cuprous Oxide (Hydrogen Embrittlement Susceptibility) in Copper – Method A (or in according to standard ISO 2626: 1973 – Copper – Hydrogen embrittlement test) on some samples of copper tubes (diameter 8 mm).
- Materials laboratory needed for ISO creep testing under compression as per ISO 8013, Rubber, vulcanized — Determination of creep in compression or shear
- plus more test requests!
Are you looking for a laboratory to perform ISO certification testing? Let us save you time and money, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or visit us online!
Republished by Blog Post Promoter