Earlier this month, the National Institute of Standards and Technology, known as NIST, published the 2016 Annual Report on Technology Transfer. The report gives a detailed overview of technology transfer activities of the DOC’s three bureaus with research laboratories; NIST, National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration, and National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
In the 2016 fiscal year, researchers from DOC laboratories played a role in 389 collaborative research and development agreements relating to things like public safety broadband communications, new inventions, laser radar technologies, and tests to detect toxins in food. In addition, the researchers also published 3,056 scientific and technical publications.
The report demonstrates the major impact technology transfer has on the ability to create jobs, grow the economy, and improve the overall standard of living for Americans. Click here to read the report in its entirety.
Looking for a laboratory for research or testing of your technology or innovation? Let Contract Laboratory save you time and money! Call 1-855-377-6821 or submit your laboratory test request online! Below are some of the technology test requests we have helped facilitate:
- Laboratory needed for ultrasonic sensor testing to standard EN 14236 Ultrasonic domestic gas meters. This kind of test involve the characterization of the ultrasonic sensor operating into induced white noise condtions, so we are looking for a Laboratory able to perform this test.
- Electrical laboratory needed for IEC testing of mechanical cable lugs to IEC 61238, Compression and mechanical connectors for power cables for rated voltages up to 30 kV (Um = 36 kV)
- Electronics laboratory needed for compliance testing of telecom equipment to the Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Directive (R&TTE) R&TTE Directive.
- Electrical laboratory needed for thermal cycling test for electronic boards, about 5 x 10 cm in size
- >LONG-TERM TESTING Electrical laboratory needed for compliance testing of electrical grounding rods and accessories as per IEC 62561 standards, Lightning protection system components (LPSC)
- Nanotechnology company need materials laboratory for ASTM rain repellency testing via a Bundesmann Water Repellency Tester
Republished by Blog Post Promoter