Need sunscreen or SPF testing?
With summer approaching, many manufacturers and distributors are increasing production and preparing to ship their Sunscreen and SPF Products. Prior to labeling and shipment, many will be looking for laboratories to perform their SPF and sunscreen Testing. SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor. The number is determined experimentally indoors by exposing human subjects to a light spectrum meant to mimic noontime sun. The amount of light that induces redness in sunscreen-protected skin, divided by the amount of light that induces redness in unprotected skin is the SPF.
As part of determining their effectiveness, testing according to a SPF test procedure is required. The SPF value indicates the level of sunburn protection provided by the sunscreen product. In addition, testing to substantiate the labeling claims of Broad-Spectrum is required.
Contract Laboratory, Inc. has helped many manufacturers and distributors of sunscreen products, including cosmetics with sunscreens, outsource their SPF and sunscreen Testing. Below are examples of how we have helped:
- FDA Pharmaceutical API manufacturer requires Pharmaceutical Laboratory for sunscreen testing: Star rating test, water resistance / water proof / sweat proof tests. Laboratory Tests need to be valid for USA, Eu, Australia, Japan.
- Pharmaceuticals laboratory needed for EU skincare sunscreen testing: In- Vitro SPF testing for sunscreen with zinc oxide
- India Product Safety Laboratory needed for In-Vitro testing for SPF values on topical products. Need UVA/UVB ratios.
- Pharmaceutical Laboratory needed for SPF Testing: Water Resistance test for sunscreen
- India Product Safety Laboratory needed for Cosmeceutical Testing of several products: In-Vitro SPF testing of topical creams and gels.
- Hong Kong and China analytical chemistry and microbiology laboratory needed for cosmetics testing at least one of the following type : chemical testing/Microbiology testing efficacy testing /SPF testing/toxicology testing.
- FDA GMP Cosmetics Laboratory needed for FDA SPF Testing of cosmetic product tested for SPF with the FDA testing guidelines.
- Southern USA FDA GMP analytical chemistry laboratory needed for SPF Testing.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer needs sunscreen testing: SPF Testing, PA Testing (Persistent pigment Darkening) Star rating test, water resistance/waterproof/sweat-proof tests.
If your company is manufacturing or distributing a sunscreen product and need validation testing of the SPF, SUBMIT LABORATORY TEST REQUEST or call 1-855-377-6821. The Contract Laboratory Business Development Team will be happy to help.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter