Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS) and Highly Accelerated Life Test (HALT) are collectively known as Accelerated Stress Testing (AST) and are product reliability tests done with the intent to find defects during production. HALT and HASS testing are helpful in determining whether a product meets standards as well as consumer expectations.
HASS testing uses accelerated stresses to shorten the time to failure and cause weaknesses to be made known of any malfunctioning or defective product or device. The intent is to discover and fix product flaws before they are mass produced and shipped, saving the manufacturer time and money. HALT testing is what determines the parameters for HASS testing.
HALT helps determine operating and other limits of a design including why they are what they are, and how they can be increased. HALT tests are designed to find the maximum limitations of a product, and in less time. Tests are don by stressing a product with less stress over many cycles, or with a higher level of stress for a fewer number of cycles. HALT testing helps get products to consumers quicker by shortening the design cycles.
If you are an organization, department, company, or facility that needs HALT and HASS testing, pleas call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit a Laboratory Test Request online.
Electromagnetic interference, or EMI, is a test done to determine the amount of energy an electric product produces. If the amount of energy emitted is too high it can interfere with other energy emitting electric products, for example a microwave may disrupt the us of a mobile phone. Other sources of EMI producing devices include thunder storms, computers, radios, doorbells, electric blankets, televisions, etc.
There are now legal requirements regarding electromagnetic compatibility and electromagnetic interference tests confirm that an electronic and its hardware still work properly even when subjected to specific amounts of EMI, and they themselves must not emit EMI. Each product must be compatible with other devices or systems, and environments to ensure performance.
EMI testing is often one of the last tests performed and are “make it of break it” tests, meaning if the product fails it is back to he drawing board for redesign and development. Preliminary testing can be done early to determine whether or not a product is ready for outside testing.
Whether you are looking for preliminary or compliance testing, or you need research, development, or design help, let Contract Laboratory help. We have helped facilitate EMI tests such as:
- Middle East electrical laboratory needed for emi testing
- Los Angeles Electrical Laboratory needed for EMI Testing, Temperature, Humidity, Vibration, Lighting Strike.
- Electrical laboratory needed for CISPR EMI testing of electronic marine engine monitoring system.
- and more
If your company, organization, or laboratory needs EMI testing, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit an EMI test request at https://www.contractlaboratory.com/labclass/forms/outsource_entryform.cfm
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay, also known as ELISA, is a test done to measure and detect blood antibodies through changing colors. ELISA is used to recognize the presence of specific substances, usually antigens, in wet samples.
ELISA tests are often done as a screening before more in-depth testing can be performed and can be used to diagnose conditions such as: HIV, Lyme disease, rotavirus, squamous cell carcinoma, syphilis, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and more.
The test is performed by adding a small sample of blood to petri dishes in a lab containing different antigens for conditions being tested. If the blood being tested contains the same antibodies, proteins the body produce as a result of harmful substances in the blood called antigens, the antigens and antibodies will bind together. Color change is also observed.
Contract Laboratory has helped facilitate many ELISA Laboratory Test Requests like the following:
- Large food company needs bioanalytical laboratory for ELISA testing on egg yolk samples
- Contract Research Organization needed for protein level testing: measuring levels of calcitonin gene related peptide from human saliva samples. This can be accomplished using ELISA or other quantitative technique
- USA Bioanalytical Laboratory needed for Nagalase by ELISA analysis
- Contract bioanalytical lab needed to form a long-standing relationship for antibody production, ELISA, and neutralization testing for a synthetic peptide vaccine. Vaccine does not contain any viral material.
- INDIA BIOANALYTICAL LABORATORY NEEDED FOR BIOANALYSIS OF NATIVE TYPE II COLLAGEN BY ELISA
- Pharmaceutical bioanalytical laboratory needed for validation of in-house ELISA procedure for quantifying specific egg IgY antibody against certain microorganisms and subsequently perform the procedure to meet ISO/IEC 17025 standards.
- Materials Laboratory needed for ASTM LEAP test as per ASTM standard ASTM D6499-12 (Inhibition ELISA.) to certify the product is latex free.
- Bioanalytical laboratory needed for biomarker screening of 4 pine bark extract (powder) samples to be tested for anti-inflammatory ability: several biomarkers can be screened; tnf-alpha, il-1, IkBalpha are first choice. We would prefer an immunoblot test (SDS-PAGE) to be performed over ELISA, where the nitrocellulose membrane would clearly show different quantities of proteins screened through chemoluminescence.
- and more
If your company needs ELISA testing or other antibody research and testing, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit a Laboratory Test Request.
Neonatologists, pediatricians and other health providers maybe able to diagnose a bacteria infection from a small sample of blood in newborns that have fevers. This new technique developed by the US National Institutes of Health (NIH) could allow the development of a fast and noninvasive diagnostic that may have better outcomes over the current method which involves growing the bacteria in a laboratory culture.
If your company needs a medical technology laboratory for clinical diagnostic test development, call 1-855-377-6821 or Submit Laboratory Test Request
Read the full US National Institutes of Health NIH article here
On August 26, 2016, The US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) recommended universal Zika virus testing of all donated blood. Previously, the FDA recommended Zika virus testing only in blood donations in areas with active Zika virus transmission. It recommends that all testing be performed with a blood screening test authorized for use by the FDA under an investigational new drug (IND) application.
If your company manufactures a biological product using blood or blood components that needs a laboratory for virus testing, Submit Laboratory Test Request
To read the entire US FDA Press Release, visit http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm518218.htm
Today, Contract Laboratory received a request from a food manufacturer for outsourcing to FSSAI Accredited laboratories. FSSAI is The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. The FSSAI has been established under India’s Food Safety and Standards Act for the purpose of laying down science based standards for food products in India.
From spicy North India kadhi to curry vindaloo, biryani, and chicken tikka, to breakfast poha, to desserts rasgulla and imarti, the FSSAI regulates the manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
If your company manufacturers a food product in or exports a food product to India and needs an FSSAI Accredited Laboratories, call 1-855-377-6821 or Submit Laboratory Test Request
Today, Contract Laboratory received a request from a company needing a NRTL Laboratory. NRTL’s are Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories, In the United States, OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) oversees and regulates certain workplace products and systems. NRTLs are laboratory facilities that are qualified to perform the necessary testing or certification required for OSHA workplace products and systems. All testing is done in accordance with the appropriate agency’s safety standards.
Every NRTL Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories has their own specific test standards for which they have received recognition, as well as their own certification mark to label product conformance. After an NRTL oratory has tested and certified a product, they give the manufacturer permission to apply a certification mark to the product signifying the product has been tested and approved and that the product is in compliance with safety regulations.
To become an OSHA Nationally Recognized Test Laboratories, an application must be submitted to OSHA for recognition. After review, OSHA will choose whether they will perform an on-site assessment. If approved, the laboratory is notified via a formal approval letter which identifies the scope and any terms of the approval. Every 5 years the NRTLs must apply for renewal recognition.
If your company manufacturers workplace products and systems regulated by OSHA that needs a NRTL Nationally Recognized Test Laboratories, Submit Laboratory Test Request
If you are already a NRTL or are looking to perform more testing, Laboratory Test Request.
To learn more about OSHA’s Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory Program, click here.
Today, Contract Laboratory received a Test Request from a Pharmaceutical Company needing a preclinical contract research organization for glycolysis research study testing as part of a clinical trial. Glycolysis is the first step in cellular respiration, a process completed by
most living organisms, of breaking down glucose, or sugar, for cellular energy through a 10-step process. In the beginning steps, the small amount of energy produced is invested for later use. In he middle steps is where the glucose is actually splitting, and in the final steps, larger amounts of energy in the form of ATP and NADH are released. From one molecule of glucose, the process of glycolysis produces energy in the form of 2 molecules of ATP and 2 molecules of NADH. Additionally, glycolysis is connected to the Krebs cycle which is also responsible for creating ATP.
The following are examples of Laboratory Test Requests that Contract Laboratory received from pharmaceutical companies and medical researchers regarding glycolysis research study testing:
- USA Bioanalytical laboraatory needed for FACS study glycolysis research study involving whole blood. 1. Start with two samples and allow one to glycolyze to zero glucose level and the other to 20-30 mg/dL glucose level. 2. Spin and separate red blood cells and determine hematocrit in the concentrate. 3. Use red blood concentrate as a spiking solution to create various glucose-hematocrit concentrations. 4. From the population of RBCs in the reconstituted matrix, we want to know the number of dead and viable red blood cells.
- USA Clinical Laboratory needed to test blood at 7 glucose levels (approximately 50, 75, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 mg/dL). Each blood level would be tested on 10 commercial blood glucose test strips used in commercially available blood glucose meters for each of 7 meters (7 levels x 10 strips x 7 meters = 490 meter tests). The blood would be collected from 4-8 healthy donors (men and women). The glucose levels would be created by spiking with glucose solution or by allowing glycolysis to lower glucose levels. A Yellow Springs Instrument reference glucose analyzer would determine the true glucose level.
- Analytical Chemistry Laboratory needed for PGRM Assay and MIC/MBC testing for mouthwash samples – Plaque Glycolysis Research Study Testing and Regrowth Model Assay and MIC/MBC.
To view the Glycolysis Research Study Testing Request above and many more Metabolism Research Studies, visit our Laboratory Test Requests. If you are a Pharmaceutical Company or Medical Research in need of a contract request organization for Glycolysis Research Study Testing or other Metabolism Research Studies , call us at 1-855-377-6821 or go Submit Laboratory Test Requests
Immunotherapy is used to stimulate the immune system as a treatment that is often used in the fight against cancer. It works by using the body’s natural defenses, the immune system, to fight cancer. Some forms of immunotherapy give the immune system an overall boost while other forms work to teach it to attack specific cancer cells. Additionally, other substances created in a laboratory to improve or to restore some of the immune system’s function are sometimes uses for treatments as well.
Immunotherapy has been successful in slowing the growth of cancer, stopping the cancer from spreading, and killing cancer cells. It is sometimes referred to as biologic therapy or biotherapy. The main types of treatments include monoclonal antibodies, which are man-made replicas of antibodies or proteins naturally found in the immune system to fight infection and are designed to attack specific parts of cancer cells through targeted therapy, cancer vaccines which expose the immune system to an antigen with the intent of getting an immune reaction which will destroy hazardous cells, and T-cell therapy, where T-cells are extracted from a patients blood and altered in a laboratory to have very specific proteins to better find and destroy cancer cells.
Immunotherapy treatments and drugs are being studied to create new treatments and improve existing treatments. Some of the test requests Contract Laboratory has received relating to immunotherapy include:
- Preclinical Contract Research Organization CRO needed for tumor model studies performed in mice with syngenic tumor models combined with immunotherapy.
- Microbiology Laboratory needed for sterility testing on Allergen Immunotherapy Products.
- Bioanalytical Laboratory needed for monoclonal antibody testing according to EMA and FDA guidelines: Testing of monoclonal antibody for effector function according Testing of monoclonal antibody preparations for Fc gamma receptor interactions Testing of monoclonal antibody preparations for FcRn interaction
- Bioanalytical laboratory needed for Imaged Capillary Isoelectric Focusing iCIEF for monoclonal antibody mAb identification.
- Bioanalytical laboratory needed that can test monoclonal antibody test article for interaction with : Fc gamma receptors (CD34, CD32, CD16) neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn). Must have VALIDATED test method.
- USA FDA Bioanalytical Laboratory needed for monoclonal antibody testing: ELISA test for potency of a monoclonal antibody re-packaged into a syringe.
If your organization needs testing or research for immunotherapy, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit a Laboratory Test Request.
Contract Laboratory regularly receives requests from companies, governments and organizations for surface water testing and ground water testing. Surface water is water found in rivers, lakes, streams, ponds, oceans, etc., and even snow and ice, as opposed to groundwater which is found beneath the surface of the Earth. Surface and ground water testing is important due to the amount of contaminants that can leach into it through pesticides and fertilizers, sewage waste, gasoline and oil, pharmaceuticals, and other pollutants. This can cause unsafe build ups of harmful chemicals making the water unsafe for human consumption.
With the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympics just days away, the whole world has now heard of the deplorable water conditions and what some of the athletes are up against by getting in the water. The World Health Organization has recommended “that all athletes should cover cuts and grazes with waterproof plasters prior to exposure, try to avoid swallowing the water, wash/shower as soon as possible after exposure and, as far as possible, minimize their time in the water and avoid going in the water after heavy rainfall if possible.”
Water testing of surface and ground water ensures the quality of the water is safe for swimming and consumption. In addition to ensuring its safety, water testing also tracks how well water cleanup plans are working and helps maintain the quality of the water.
Recent projects that Contract Laboratory has received for surface water and ground water testing include:
- Environmental analytical chemistry laboratory needed for surface water testing for antibiotics in surface water for samples from India. Please provide holding time and cost.
- LONG-TERM TESTING Ontario Accredited Environmental Laboratory needed for groundwater testing : ethane analysis
- Microbiology laboratory needed for microbiological testing of production facility including water testing and air testing of various areas around production line including plastic closures, preforms and conveyors.. Microbiology testing to include mold/yeast, total bacterial, and coliform separately. Tap water in the production area will also be tested in the production area.
- University researcher in Plant Protection needs agriculture laboratory for water testing of water samples used for agricultural irrigation.
- Environmental Analytical chemistry laboratory needed for wastewater testing for Absorbable Organic Halogens, AOX in waste water,
And many more requests from companies, governments and organizations for surface water testing and ground water testing which are seen at Laboratory Test Requests
NEED LABORATORIES FOR SURFACE WATER OR GROUND WATER TESTING?
If your company, government, and organization is in need of an independent, third-party laboratory to perform water , call us at 1-855-377-6821 or Submit a Laboratory Test Request.