An immunoassay is a highly sensitive chemical test done to detect a substance in blood or other bodily fluid sample. Immunoassays have been used to track things like proteins, hormones, drugs, tumor markers, and antibodies, as well as to detect contaminants. The results of an immunoassay are achieved by measuring the formation of antibody-antigen complexes.
Immunoassays rely on the ability of the antibody to bind to the specific structure of a molecule. An antibody is a protein produced in response to an antigen, or foreign invader in the body. Antibodies bind to antigens when they encounter them in the body.
Several methods exist to perform immunoassay testing. Immunoprecipitation is the easiest method that measures the quantity of the precipitate. Another method is particle immunoassays which works by linking antibodies to a particle, the particle then binds many antigens which speeds up the visible reaction. Flourescent immunoassays utilize a flourescent label to form a flourescent product to receive more sensitive measurements. Other methods include particle immunoassays, immunophelometry, radioimmunoassay, enzyme immunoassay, and chemiluminescent.
If your organization is in need of a laboratory or contract research organization to perform your immunoassay testing or othr scientific research, call us at 1-855-377-6821, or Submit Bioanalytical Laboratory Test online.
Contract Laboratory has helped many pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and healthcare companies find laboratories for their immunoassay testing, including:
- Biochemistry laboratory needed for calibration of the sensitivities of immunoassay tests. We calibrate the sensitivities of the immunoassays using calibrators. We are interested in a lab who can assay controls for us to know the quantitative value of certain analytes in the control At the moment, we are interested to assay Drug of Abuse calibrators using HPLC or Gas Chromatography method. We are also interested to assay an hCG hormone calibrator. We will provide the calibrators. HPLC/Gas chromatography testing of Drugs of Abuse controls
- Bioanalytical Laboratory needed for HPLC testing , or Radioimmunoassay cell supernatant testing for leukotriene B4
- Pakistan Clinical Laboratory needed for ELISA testing or any radioimmunoassay to measure serum interleukin levels in burn patient sample size of around 30
- USA FDA GMP Molecular biology laboratory needed for hormone radioimmunoassay: 10-15 samples of mice blood for radioimmunoassay of hormone ghrelin.
- India Clinical Veterinary Laboratory needed for performing immunoassays to test cortisol levels in deer fecal pellets.
And many more. To view more Laboratory Test Requests from pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and healthcare companies for Immunoassays and other bioanalytical research and testing, View Immunoassay Test Requests
Are you a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, life science, medical device or healthcare company that needs bioanalytical laboratories for immunoassays or other testing or research studies? Submit Immunoassay Test Requests
Contract Laboratory was the first and is the largest web-based platform for facilitating and centralizing laboratory outsourcing and scientific procurement. We have helped facilitate over 80,000 laboratory test requests worth millions of dollars.
One of the biggest reasons for outsourcing testing is the cost savings. In-house laboratories with dedicated equipment can be expensive to setup, operate, and maintain. Outsourcing testing not only reduces an organization’s overhead and operating cost, but also allows a company to use and pay for expert laboratory services only when needed.
Many in-house laboratories perform testing on a wide variety of subjects with no specialized experience. By outsourcing laboratory testing, testing can be accomplished by a laboratory specializing in a specific type of testing or by specialists working with a specific piece of testing equipment. Either way, those performing the testing are likely to be experts at performing your specific type of testing.
Another advantage to outsourcing testing is that the results will be objective. When laboratory testing is performed in-house it is generally done by the researchers close to the project who often have a bias on the outcome. By outsourcing your testing you will receive unbiased and objective testing.
- Staffing & Equipment
Similar to cost savings, outsourcing testing to a facility with designated employees and equipment prepared to perform your specific type of testing is both money and time saving. By using a dedicated laboratory, your organization can skip buying any specific equipment, or hiring specially trained professionals to perform your testing.
- Focused Testing
A final reason for outsourcing your laboratory testing is to receive focused testing. Many in-house researchers are participating in multiple projects at once and therefore are not fully invested in each individual project. By outsourcing, your testing will receive dedicated oversight.
If you are looking to outsource your laboratory testing, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit your laboratory test request online.
HLA (human leukocyte antigen) typing is a method used to determine how closely one person’s tissues match another person’s tissues. HLA typing is done to match bone marrow and cord blood donors with transplant recipients. HLA markers are proteins or markers found in our cells. The immune system uses these markers to identify which cells belong in the body and which don’t.
Research has determined that a donor and recipient need to have a minimum of 6 matching HLA markers for the transplant to be successful, but the more markers the two have in common, the better the match and outcome. Having similar markers means the recipients immune system won’t see the transplanted tissue as a foreign invader. Researchers currently know of 2,500 different HLA markers.
Because you inherit HLA’s from your mother and father, your siblings are most likely to be the best match should you need a bone marrow transplant.
If you’re looking for a laboratory to perform HLA testing or other scientific research, submit a laboratory test request by calling 1-855-377-6821 or submit online HERE.
Also called a gene chip or a DNA chip, a DNA microarray is a solid surface made up of thousands of DNA spots. Each spot has many copies of a DNA sequence corresponding to a specific gene. Using a DNA microarray, scientists are able to learn about many genes at once, this type of study is referred to as genomics. DNA microarrays are used to determine whether a gene is being expressed or not.
First, samples of cells are needed to extract the RNA from. The RNA is than washed leaving only the mRNA. Next, a DNA copy (cDNA) of the RNA is made. Coloring is also added to the samples at this stage so that later results can be seen and analyzed better. The cDNA is then added to the microarray containing single strands of DNA.
Through a process called hybridization, the single strands of cDNA attaches to its complimentary strand of DNA. The microarray is then washed to remove any excess strands of cDNA, strands that did not hybridize. The microarray is than analyzed using a microarray scanner. The results are than analyzed to determine which genes are being expressed.
If you are looking for a laboratory to perform DNA microarray testing or other genetic testing, submit a free test request online HERE, or call us at 1-855-377-6821!
Some of the microarray test requests Contract Laboratory has helped facilitate include:
- LONG-TERM TESTING Europe bioanalytical laboratory needed for Microarray Testing
- Genetics Bioanalytical laboratory needed to perform microarray experiment for miRNAs, using Custom Tagman Array MicroRNA Cards, format 24 (23 miRNAs, 8 samples with 2 replication/sample) to test a very low amount of total RNA (about 10 ng), so a pre-amplification will be necessary in this case
- Clinical genetics laboratory needed for Next generation and microarray analysis of blastomeres
Start-up Bioscience Company needs genetics laboratory for performing microarrays for DNA saliva testing 150-200 snips.
Pharmaceutical computational laboratory needed for analysis of gene expression data to identify the cancer at an early stage using Computational intelligence methods such as Neural Network, Fuzzy Logic and Rough Set theory. We are using data sets from NCBI and UCI. We want to process the samples in order to get genes microarray technology machines.
Chicago Bioanalytical Laboratory needed for microarray screening. Specifically for MicroRNA
Pharmaceutical Preclinical Laboratory needed for cell line testing for compound activity in oncology cell lines for proliferation, cytotoxicity, apoptosis. Require a panel of solid tumor cell lines (information on available cell lines e.g. microarray, mutation, amplification) also interested in a panel of leukemia/lymphoma cell lines
plus many more!
Chromosome analysis, also called karyotyping, is a test done to examine the chromosomes in a cell sample. Examining chromosomes in this manner helps identify any genetic causes of disease or disorder. Karyotype testing can be performed on cells or tissue such as: blood, bone marrow, amniotic fluid, and even placental tissues.
When examining the chromosomes, physical characteristics such as size, length, banding patterns, and centromere position are noted. A photograph is also taken of the arragnement of chromosomes. Some chromosomal abnormalities or issues can be identified through the number of chromosomes or their arrangement of the chromosomes.
Karyotyping is commonly performed on a child with developmental delays or other abnormal features, or on couples who have experienced multiple miscarriages, to determine if there is a genetic issue at play. Additionally, microarray testing and flourescent in situ hybridisation (FISH) testing may also be performed.
Contract Laboratory has received many requests from organizations needing laboratories to perform their chromosomal analyis and karyotype testing and research, such as:
- Pharmaceutical company needs genetics laboratory for Karyotyping and chromosomal painting
- University Medical Researcher needs Canada cytology laboratory for cell karyotype testing for research purposes
- San Diego California Blood Laboratory needed for blood testing: Peripheral blood Karyotype molecular
- Europe Biotech needs FDA GMP Genetics Laboratory for Karyotype analysis in GMP with a validate method
- Denmark, Germany, France, Sweden Veterinary Medicine Laboratory needed for genetics Testing To establish normal karyotype of cattle for international trade
- Biopharmaceuticals Manufacturer needs USA FDA GLP/ GMP bioanalytical laboratory for GLP / GMP genetics testing: karyotyping canine cells for sex
- California Medical Laboratory needed for Karyotype testing for analysis r/t infertility / chronic miscarriage
- Canada Genetics Laboratory needed for DNA fingerprinting, karyotyping, and relationships of DNA, RNA, Adenosine Triphosphate, mitochondria, and creatinine to hereditary dominant, dominant recessive, and recessive degenerative disorders of the nervous system including muscular dystrophy, Parkinson’s Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, and Huntington’s Disease.
And many more. To se other examples of how Contract Laboratory has helped medical researchers , halthcare providers and pharmacutical, biotechnology and healthcare companies with their karyotyping and other Genetics Testing and Scientific Research Projects View Genetics Test Requests
Looking for a Genetics Laboratory to perform karyotyping DNA, genomics or genetics research or testing? Submit a free genetics laboratory test request by calling 1-855-377-6821 or online Submit Genetics Laboratory Test Request!
Chemical synthesis is the creation of chemical compounds from other, simpler chemicals. Chemical synthesis is commonly used to create drug compounds. This process of creating compounds allows researchers to produce substances that do not naturally occur.
While some substances change simply by adding heat or ultraviolet light, chemical synthesis often involves two or more different substances to create the desired compound. When dealing with multiple substances, they need to be brought into close proximity to each other in order for a reaction to occur. Heat or another catalyst is also commonly added during chemical synthesis as it helps increase the rate at which the reaction occurs.
If you are in need of a laboratory to perform chemical synthesis research or testing, let us help save you time and money, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit a request online!
Genotyping is a process used to obtain DNA information, specifically used to determine the genetic variants or differences an individual has. Common genotyping methods include restriction fragment length polymorphism identification of genomic DNA, polymerase chain reaction, DNA sequencing, microarrays, and many more.
Genotyping is used in the research of genes associated with diseases but is not limited to humans, bacteria and viruses can also be genotyped, usually done to help control the spread of disease causing pathogens.
To determine a person’s genotype, a small sample of blood or saliva is acquired. The DNA in the sample is then isolated and copied multiple times. Once a large enough quantity has been obtained, it;s cut into many short pieces which are labeled and placed in a microarray for analysis. The microarray is than placed in an incubator for up to 18 hours, where the heat helps the labeled DNA bind to fragments attached to the mircoarray surface. A floursecent stain is then used to create a visible signal in a person’s genome where a variation in the genome occurs, by attaching to the labeled DNA. A laser than reads the signals which are translated into what is known as the genome profile.
Some of the previous genotype testings Contract Laboratory has helped companies acquire include:
- USA CLIA certified genetics laboratory needed for DNA isolation from saliva or buccal samples and genotyping panel of 17 SNPs and possible DNA banking.
- Life Science Manufacturer needs Canada or USA Bioanalytical laboratory for HIV, HCV, HBV genotyping and sequencing
- US FDA cGMP Food Genetics Laboratory needed for FDA BAM Testing and genotyping of Frozen fruit / using FDA protocol to detect genotype 1B
- LONG-TERM TESTING India Genetics laboratory needed for genotyping of ACTN3 R577X and ACE I/D from human samples
- Large research institute needs Medical Genetics laboratory needed for seedcongenic services and genotyping.
- plus many more!
To find a laboratory to perform your institutions genotype testing, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit an online test request.
With individualized medical treatments at the forefront of medicine, pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology and other healthcare providers are looking for Genomics Contract Research Organizations for their precision medicine research and development studies.
Precision medicine, also called personalized or individualized medicine, is medical treatment and prevention that matches a patient with the treatment that will best suit them.
Genetic variations not only determine hair and eye color, but they also play a role in whether or not an individual acquires a certain disease. Variations in genes can either protect or make us more susceptible. The general idea behind precision medicine tries to understand how gene variations influence health. Additionally, genetic variations influence how our bodies respond to treatments including medications and other forms of interventions.
Precision medicine also deals with how environmental factors interact with genetics and contribute to ones health. Additionally, precision medicine can take into account protein levels and other processes. Besides just treating diseases, precision medicine can include new approaches to diagnostics and risk screenings. When combined with technology, precision medicine has been used to build blood vessels and bones, fight cancer through immunotherapy, and more.
Contract Laboratory receives many requests from pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device or healthcare providers needing genetics laboratories and genomics contract research organizations for outsourcing their precision medicine research and development projects in precision medicine areas such as genetics, pharmacogenetics, DNA, and more. View Precision Medicine Projects
If you are a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device or other healthcare provider that needs a genetics laboratory or genomics Contract Research Organizations for precision medicine research and development studies, call us at 1-855-377-6821, or Submit Precision Medicine Research Project
In May of 2016, the US Food and Drug Administration FDA announced new FDA food labeling guidelines for packaged foods. The new FDA food labels would reflect scientific information, “including the link between diet and chronic diseases such as obesity and heart disease”. The new FDA food labeling is being done to make it easier for consumers to make healthy, informed, food choices.
The new FDA Food labeling design will feature the following features:
- The words “calories,” “servings per container,” and “serving size” in a larger font, with the number of calories bolded
- Actual amounts of Vitamin D, calcium, iron, and potassium in addition to the percent Daily Value
- The footnote explaining percent Daily Value will be clarified
- Added sugars will be displayed in grams and percent Daily Value
- Updated list of required fiid nutrients; Vitamin D, potassium, calcium, and iron will all be required
- “Calories from fat” will be removed
- Daily values for nutrients will be updated
- Serving sizes will be updated to reflect the actual serving sizes the public are consuming
The new US Food and Drug Administration US FDA label must be implemented by manufacturers before July 26, 2018. Contract Laboratory has helped many food manufacturers, distributors or importers with their nutritional and food labeling testing projects. Some examples are below:
If you are a food manufacturer, distributor or importer that needs a food laboratory for food nutritional or labeling testing, submit a free Food Laboratory Test Request , or call us at 1-855-377-6821.
Sterility testing is often performed on pharmaceutical articles to identify the presence or absence of contaminating organisms. The United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) and European Pharmacopoeia (EP) both require specific articles and substances to be sterile. Surfaces are considered sterile if there is less than a one out of one million chance that the surface if contaminated with a microorganism. Sterility tests are performed through direct inoculation sterility testing, or through membrane filtration sterility testing, both are described below.
Direct Inoculation Sterility Testing
Direct inoculation, also known as immersion, testing the substance, surface, or article being tested is inoculated directly into a tube or bottle that has an appropriate medium already inside. The tubes are then incubated for 2 weeks. This type of sterility testing is advantageous because it can be performed on materials that cannot easily be filtered and it consumes less product during bacteriostasis and fungistasis testing.
Membrane Filtration Sterility Testing
Membrane filtration testing first requires the article or substance to pass through a “size exclusion membrane” that can retain microorganisms. Rinse fluid is then passed through the filter and the membrane is transferred to the test medium. The membrane is then incubated for 2 weeks. Membrane filtration sterility testing is advantageous as it allows for large volumes of samples to be tested.
Contract Laboratory has received numerous requests from organizations needing laboratories to perform sterility testing such as:
- Pharmaceuticals laboratory needed for biologic finish product testing (appearance, PH-value, osmolalitypolymer/Aggregate of HSA, Total protein content, Sterility, Endotoxin(LAL-Test), Biological Activity, Liquid particle count. It`s 4000 IU/ml.(proforma)
- Canada microbiology laboratory needed for pharmaceutical sterilization validation and Sterility assurance testing
- Pharmaceutical microbiology laboratory needed for Vitamin B12 injection testing for sterility, purity, and contaminants
- Medical Device Manufacturer needs medical device laboratory for sterilization validation of device sterilization process.
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology laboratory needed for sterility testing using membrane filtration, mycoplasma testing (culture based method) according to Japanese pharmacopiea
- Microbiology Laboratory needed for sterility testing of diagnostic reagent and then identification testing of any failures by culture identification testing
- and many more!
If your organization is looking for a laboratory to perform your sterility testing, contact us at 1-855-377-6821, or submit a request online!
If you are a laboratory that routinely performs sterility testing, register today and gain access to all our high-value, pre-screened leads!