CRISPR is said to be “an easy, cheap, and very precise way to edit the DNA of living cells”. It’s said to to be a “game-changer” in genetic engineering. CRISPR is an acronym that stands for Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeat. CRISPR technology allows geneticists and other researchers the ability to edit parts of a genome by replacing DNA in a sequence. CRISPR and gene editing have many possible applications besides rewriting human genes. It has been used to alter the genes of animals and to engineer plant and human cells.
CRISPR works alongside Cas9. CRISPR and Cas9 come from the natural way bacteria protects itself from viruses. Scientists or researchers simply have to give Cas9 the DNA sequence, called a guide RNA, to edit or delete. Cas9 is an enzyme that can cuts DNA where CRISPR has directed it to.
Genetically modifying plants, animals, and even humans are all possibilities of CRISPR.
If you would like to have CRISPR research or testing performed, submit a laboratory test request, or call 1-855-377-6821.
Proteomics is a part of molecular biology that studies proteins. A proteome is a set of proteins that are either produced or modified by an organism and proteomics helps us understand things like the structure and function of the protein in an organism. The first studies of proteins that could be called proteomics were done in 1975 with the bacterium Escherichia coli. Today, the study of proteomics includes: protein-protein interaction, function, modifications, and localization studies.
- Structural proteomics compares protein structures and helps with identifying genes that are newly discovered. It also identifies where drugs bind to the proteins and where proteins interact with each other. X-ray crystallography and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy are two technologies that aid in structural proteomics.
- Expression proteomics the study of protein expression which is used to identify the main proteins found in a sample and related samples, often used to compare healthy tissue with diseased tissue. Technologies that help with expression proteomics include 2D-PAGE and mass spectroscopy.
- Functional proteomics refers to protein-protein interactions to determine the functions of different proteins, as well as to demonstrate how proteins assemble.
If you are a laboratory who performs proteomic testing or research, you can view all of our proteomic test requests here. These requests include:
- Africa Agriculture Bioanalytical Laboratory needed for Proteomics analysis on tomato leaf and fruit subjected to two water treatments.
- Ph.D scholar working in rice proteomics needs China informatics laboratory with proteomics bioinformatics tools to analyse proteomics research data.
- West Coast USA Bioanalytical Proteomics Laboratory needed for Protein isolation and enzyme testing
- Proteomics Biotechnology Company needs preclinical, oncology Contract Research Organization for Biomarker, Microarray Discovery and development study (proteomics based). We are actually working on a compound able to inhibit a signalling pathway involved in cancer progression. Several pre-clinical trials suggest a possible role of our compound in breast and prostate cancer. The key remaining issue today is to identify a valid PD Marker prior to first administration to man.
- and more!
If you are an organization in need of proteomics testing, research, or analysis, you can call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit your proteomics test request online here.
Stability studies are generally performed on pharmaceutical products, food and beverages, and beauty and cosmetic problems, as well as ingredients in each to evaluate how they are affected by external factors such as light, heat, humidity, temperature, stress, etc. in an effort to determine how these factors influence the drug. This testing helps determine the shelf life of the product along with storage guidelines which are imperative for consumer safety. Two common types of stability tests are real-time and accelerated.
Real-time tests are accomplished by storing pharmaceutical products according to the recommended conditions and checking or monitoring the product until it fails. The products are tested at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months for the first year, twice a year the second, and once a year for each year thereafter until the product fails to meet specifications and safety standards.
Accelerated studies require products being stored in fabricated environments where different factors such as light, or heat are accelerated to determine when the product fails. By performing accelerated studies, degredation can be predicted.
Contract Laboratory has received many test requests from companies and organizations looking for stability testing like the following:
- Packaging laboratory needed for Plastics and Polymers testing of HDPE bottles for stack load stability testing and wall thickness
- University research scientist needs UK laboratory for drug compound testing during stability testing of Standard mouse chow. Chow was formulated using the compound to a final concentration of 750 mg of drug per kg of chow. In order to verify and establish formulation stability, we need the drug concentration in the pellets to be measured over the period of 6 months. We need an initial measurement to be taken (starting point) and then at least 2 more measurements; at the 3-month point and the 6-month point.
- Large corporation needs materials laboratory needed for UV stability testing of HDPE: orange colored HDPE sheath in which we have to check for UV stability of that sheath & life of sheat
- Europe Product Safety laboratory needed for new cream testing for introduction into the EU and international markets including Safety assessment, stability testing, microbial contamination testing, challenge test, shelf life prediction and any other tests deemed necessary.
- Cosmetics Laboratory needed for Cosmetics Stability Testing and Safety Assessment Tests including compatibility and challenge testing.
- Nutraceutical Laboratory needed for stability testing for vitamin packet to be sold in new water formulation. Company is in process of getting product into large chain store and needs stability testing.
- View more stability test requests
If you are a product manufacturer or other organization needing stability testing, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit an online test request.
VOC Testing is important in detecting volatile organic compounds. VOCs are organic chemicals with high vapor pressure at room temperature due to their low boiling point which in turn causes molecules to evaporate into the air releasing potentially harmful substances. Certain VOCs are harmful to people and the environment causing long-term health effects.
VOCs are present in both synthetic and natural materials, so testing is done to ensure personal and environmental safety, as well as to verify that a product is in compliance with international VOC requirements. Product manufacturers need to be aware of VOC requirements and make sure their products are compliant. Common products that need Volatile Organic Compounds VOC Testing include: paint, lacquer, ink, shoes, scented candles, carpet, fabric and textiles, aerosol sprays, and electronics.
Volatile Organic Compounds VOC Testing is done by collecting a sample for laboratory analysis where it will be broken down using headspace or thermal desportion, into its parts and checked for harmful substances.
If you are a laboratory performing Volatile Organic Compounds VOC Testing, check out these test requests Contract Laboratory has received:
- Environmental laboratory needed forVolatile Organic Compounds VOC Testing of air in canisters in race cars
- Environmental toxicology laboratory needed for EPA California Proposition 65 testing for VOC in cardboard paper by CG/MS and or LC-MS .
- Materials laboratory needed for independent third party testing of laminate flooring for 1) Test for ortho phthalate plasticizers 2) Following tests with relevant ASTM test parameters (for vinyl flooring) – Stain and chemical test – Static load limit – Dimensional stability – ASTM 648 – fire test – ASTM 662 – smoke test 3) Following tests for EN / ISO parameters i) ISO 10581: Homogeneous Flooring including all the sub standards – ISO 10874 – this is part of 10581 (classification of use) – EN 660-2: Abrasion Resistance ii) Standards as per ISO 14041 (CE Mark) – EN 13501-1: Fire standard – ISO 11925: Fire standard – EN 13893: Slip resistance – EN 1815 / 1081: Electric resistance standards – EN 717-1: Formaldehyde and PCP content testing – ISO 16000-6: VOC Emission testing iii) Additional Standards – ISO 846, part A, part C: Fungi and Bacteria testing – ISO 22196: Fungi testing – ISO 26987 – EN 423: Chemical testing – DIN 51130: Slip rating – Pendulum test (British Standard) – BS 7976-2
- Cigarette manufacturer looking for laboratory to run testing for us on the 18 chemicals below. Ideally methods used would be those recommended by the Cooperation Centre for Scientific Research Relative to Tobacco (CORESTA) http://www.coresta.org/. Requirements for testing include 10 samples. Could you advise if you would have the means to collet smoke samples and perform the tests using the HLPC, GC/MS, LC/MS, IC etc.? HPHCs in Cigarette Smoke Family Method Acetaldehyde Carbonyls CRM N°74 (smoke) Acrolein Carbonyls CRM N°74 (smoke) Acrylonitrile Carbonyls CRM N°74 (smoke) 4-Aminobiphenyl PAAS CRM in progress (smoke) 1-Aminonaphthalene PAAS CRM in progress (smoke) 2-Aminonaphthalene PAAS CRM in progress (smoke) Ammonia NH3 CRM N°79 (tobacco and smokeless products) Benzene VOCs CRM N°70 (smoke) Benzo[a]pyrene BaP ISO 22634 (smoke) 1,3-Butadiene VOCs CRM N°70 (smoke) Carbon monoxide CO Crotonaldehyde Carbonyls CRM N°74 (smoke) Formaldehyde Carbonyls CRM N°74 (smoke) Isoprene VOCs CRM N°70 (smoke) Nicotine (total) Nicotine ISO 10315 (smoke) NNK* TSNAs CRM N°75 (smoke) NNN** TSNAs CRM N°75 (smoke) Toluene VOCs CRM N°70 (smoke)
- Certified Materials Laboratory needed for coating testing of Three (3) mixed adhesive coating samples tested for the following: 1. Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) content per ASTM D-3960, Section 8.2.4. (Determining Volatile Organic Content of Paints & Related Coatings) and/or SCAQMD Annex to ASTM D-3960) 2. Weight Fraction of non-volatiles (solids) per ASTM D-2369-81 (Volatile Content of Coatings). 3. Density of coating per ASTM D-1475 (Density of Paint, Varnishes, Lacquer, and Related Products).
- Contract laboratory needed for radiation test in hydrocarbon samples. Below is some information about the samples Propane samples ,which is a liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), will be pressurized hydrocarbons gas in liquid state. The samples are in a steel sample cylinder. Vapors samples, which is mainly consists of Methane, Ethane and a little of Propane plus, could be (or not) pressurized hydrocarbons in vapor or gas state. The samples are in a steel sample cylinder. Natural Gasoline samples, which is a liquid hydrocarbons in atmospheric pressure, are in a Boston bottles. For Propane and 3 inlet vapor samples: ? Gross Alpha ? Gross Beta ? Radium 226 ? Radium 228 ? Strontium ? Thorium ? Uranium For one liquid natural gasoline sample: ? VOC ? SVOC ? RCRA metals including Hg+ ? Radium 226 ? Radium 228 ? Gamma
Plus many more projects which can be viewed at Volatile Organic Compounds VOC Test Requests.
To submit your own VOC Laboratory Test Request call us toll-free 24/7 at 1-855-377-6821, or Submit VOC Test Request!
Ingress Protection Testing is a variety of tests performed on products before they reach the consumer market. Products are tested for ingress, or entrances, where it’s possible for things like dust, or chemicals to potentially enter the product. Ingress testing is also done to ensure safety and product functionality.
Many consumer products require insulation so as to not allow outside elements like sand, dust, water, steam, or oil inside where it can ruin the product. Ingress testing helps determine where insulation may be needed, how much is needed, and whether or not the product will perform as expected. Ingress testing is most important on seams or between two parts where water or particles can easily enter into the product.
Products that adhere to UL or CSA standards such as computers, light bulbs, and medical devices, are required to have an IP, or ingress protection rating which describes the ingress protection that a specific product has.
Contract Laboratory has helped facilitate many ingress protection testings such as:
- Large corporation needs electrical laboratory for Ingress Protection Testing of environmentally sealed toggle switch is capable of complying with Ingress Protection 69K standards
- Electrical laboratory needed for Ingress Protection Testing: IP tests for an outdoor enclosure
- USA analytical chemistry laboratory needed for Ipx water ingress testing to IPX 1-7
- USA Consumer Products Laboratory needed for dishwasher performance testing: 9 product samples to be tested in repeated dishwasher cycles (100) to determine water ingress between 2 sealed parts of product.
- California Electrical Laboratory needed for IP Testing: Water Proof testing (IPX standard, Ingress Protection Rating) is needed to be done on a fully assembled part to see if water penetrates in the assembly
- Microbiology Laboratory needed to conduct microbial ingress test on Class 2 device which has a spike at one end and a male uer connector at the other end. During functioning the spike gets connected to a larege volumer resorvouirs of fluids. The luer is connected to small unit dose collectors (high volume) when worked by a peristaltic pump. The objective to conduct a microbial ingress test at the male luer end.
- plus many more!
If you are in need of ingress protection testing or other laboratory testing, submit an online laboratory test request, or call us at 1-855-377-6821.
Chromatography is a way to separate mixtures into their parts. It is performed by passing a mixture through another substance, where the chemicals of the mixtures move at different speeds. Some common types of chromatography include paper, column, and gas.
Paper chromatography uses the different rates of migration to separate chemicals across sheets of paper. This method of chromatography is done by applying a solution near the edge of a sheet of paper and then submerging the edge, but not the solution, in a solvent. As the solvent penetrates the paper and as it spreads over the original spot, it carries the different components which travel at different speeds, thus separating the chemicals. Paper chromatography is often used for the separation of amino acids, carbohydrates, steroids, and more.
Another common form of chromatography often used for the separation of solid and liquids, is column chromatography and usually involve substances such as silica, alumina, magnesia, starch, etc. Column chromatography is performed by dissolving the mixture to be separated in a solvent and then poured into a cylindrical tube that is plugged at the bottom by glass wool or a porous disc. As the mixture is poured through the column, the different substances in the mixture are absorbed at different points. The substance with greater adsorption power will be adsorbed near the top of the column and the other adsorbed near the bottom.
Gas chromatography is used to separate chemical compounds. It is accomplished by using a gas chromatograph machine. A small sample of the substance to be measured is first placed into a syringe and injected to the machine. The mixture is then heated until it vaporizes. A carrier gas is then added to help move the sample through a glass or metal column. The column is filled with a liquid with a high boiling point so that as the mixture moves through the column, it gets absorbed and separates into the different elements. The elements escape from the end of the column at different speeds and as they do so they pass an electronic detector that identifies them and prints them on a chart. The chart contains peaks that correspond to the elements in the substance.
Contract Laboratory has received many requests for organizations needing chromatography analysis, such as:
- Laboratory needed for ASTM Testing of upgraded athabasca bitumen to astm d 2887, Standard Test Method for Boiling Range Distribution of Petroleum Fractions by Gas Chromatography4530, 5291, 2007 and 4052
- Bahrain analytical chemistry laboratory needed for benzoic acid analysis in fizzy drinks using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry or HPLC
- Large Petroleum Company needs Oil Laboratory for Impurity Testing by Gas Chromatography – Mass SpectrophotometryGC-MS for 1 sulfur impurity in iso-octane
- Cosmetics Laboratory needed for gas chromatography / mass spectrometry testing GC / MS of perfume.
- Analytical chemistry laboratory needed to measure impurities such a CO2 and CO in hydrogen plant output gas using gas chromatography
- Materials laboratory needed for ASTM D7419-13 testing Standard Test Method for Determination of Total Aromatics and Total Saturates in Lube Basestocks by High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) with Refractive Index Detection
- Pharmaceutical analytical chemistry laboratory needed for USP Testing: 1.0 Purity of Nitrogen gas and limit of oxygen by Gas Chromatography GC as per USP.
- and many more!
If your organization is in need of a laboratory to perform chromatography analysis or testing, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit a chromatography test request online.
Requesting a laboratory to perform your organization’s scientific research, analysis, product development, or other testing is quick and easy with Contract Laboratory, and can be done completely online following 5 simple steps.
Once a test request has been submitted, our team will review it for validity and it will then be posted to our website where it can be seen by laboratories capable of performing testing.
Some of the recent test requests Contract Laboratory has received include:
- LONG-TERM TESTING Europe bioanalytical laboratory needed for Microarray Testing
- FDA GLP pre-clinical product safety laboratory needed to perform murine toxicity studies on biotherapeutic compound
- Bioanalytical laboratory needed for flow cytometry for characterization of white blood cell separation filter. Need a laboratory that is capable of doing white blood cells counting. e.g: Flow cytometry counters such as ADVIA 2120 for Basophil method.
- Pharmaceutical company needs Microbiology Laboratory for Validation of USP bioburden test to validate recovery of type organisms and test 12 samples per USP <61>
- Advanced technology company needs Laboratory for autoclave testing and Constrain testing on 27 samples
- LONG-TERM TESTING Equipment manufacturer needs laboratory for swabbing and residue testing to detect presence of pharmaceuticals, chemicals, antibiotics, and/or hormones on equipment surfaces. Looking for a reliable supplier for multiple testing requirements throughout the year.
- and many more
To submit your own test request, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or online.
HSV, or the Herpes Simplex Virus, is a viral infection causing cold sores or blisters usually on the mouth or genitals. Infections are categorized by the area of the body infected. HSV-1, also known as oral herpes causes blisters on the face usually around the mouth. HSV-2, known as genital herpes causes infections on or around the genitals.
The HSV is a communicable disease spread from person to person through direct contact such as sharing utensils, kissing, or sexual activity. HSV is often contracted from a person who isn’t showing symptoms. The infection often goes through periods of dormancy and flare ups can be brought on by fatigue, illness, trauma, menstruation, etc. It is estimated that 20% of sexually active adult Americans have been infected with HSV-2.
There is no cure for the herpes simplex virus, and treatments are aimed at treating and eliminating outbreaks. Medications used to treat the symptoms of HSV can also help lower the frequency of outbreaks.
Contract Laboratory has helped many organizations perform research and testing related to HSV such as:
- Biosafety Level BSL-2 Laboratory needed for conducting research on oncolytic viruses based on HSV1, Herpes Simplex Virus. We are looking for services for titrating how much HSV1 virus is present in our samples (e.g. plaque assays) and/or assays measuring cytopathic affect of virus in samples (CPE). We can provide cell lines for these assays if needed. If possible, we would also like to provide cancer cell lines to use for testing after titration is done in a more common cell line (e.g. vero cells).
- USA / CANADA Preclinical Virology Laboratory needed for initial proof of concept pre-clinical testing of our compound in regards to anti-viral activity against HSV-2, HSV-1 (genital herpes) and HPV (human papillomavirus). Example of the testing system: cell-based assay demonstrating ability of the compound to act as “entry inhibitor”.
- US EPA or GLP certified Virology Laboratory needed for disinfectant efficacy testing. Conduct virucidal suspension test as per EN14776 or ASTM E1053-11 method Adenovirus type 5 HSV-1 Poliovirus MERS or any available Influenza strain
- US Preclinical Contract Research Organization CRO needed for preclinical drug development to evaluate the effects of experimental topical formulation on healing of HSV 1 skin lesions using mouse flank scarification infection model
- Bioanalytical laboratory neeed for in-vitro assay testing. Must specialize in quantitative in-vitro assays for detection of HSV-2 (Herpes Simplex virus-2) in techniques like PCR or “Plaque reduction assay”
- Law firm needs forensic laboratory for DNA Testing. One sample. Test for DNA and HSV. Have dried sperm in cloth.
- and many more!
If your organization needs HSV testing or scientific research, call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit an online test request.
In the past 6 days, there have been 3 Listeria Food Recalls. These include
09/26/2016 Mt Kisco Smokehouse Smoked salmon Listeria monocytogenes Mt Kisco Smokehouse
09/21/2016 Blue Bell Ice Cream Ice Cream Listeria monocytogenes Blue Bell Ice Cream Select to View Firm Press Release
09/20/2016 Apple Tree Goat Dairy Four Goat Cheeses Listeria monocytogenes Apple Tree Goat Dairy
Listeriosis is a serious infection caused by a bacteria known as Listeria monocytognes usually acquired from eating contaminated food. Listeriosis causes fever, muscles aches, diarrhea, and other gastrointestinal symptoms.
ContractLaboratory.com has helped many food producers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors and restaurants with their listeria testing including the following projects:
And many more
NEED MICROBIOLOGY LABORATORIES
If your comapny manufacturers, distributes, sells or serves food products particularly dairy and needs laboratory for listeria testing, please call 1-855-377-6821 or Submit Microbiology Test Request at
As recent headlines and recalls demonstrate, it’s important for the food and dairy industries to perform illegal drug residues testing. In early August, the FDA sent two North American Dairy Farms warning letters regarding the presence of illegal drug residues found in tissue samples of animals that were to be used for food. Both dairies were sent warning letters regarding the investigation and requesting action be taken to remedy the situation immediately, or they would risk regulatory action such as seizure and/or injunction.
The United Stated dairy industry is committed to producing safe, quality milk and dairy. Preventing disease among animals results in safe food for human consumption. Sick animals sometimes require prescription drugs, antimicrobials, through a veterinarian. These drugs, when used appropriately, should not leave residues in milk or dairy beef, and marketing or selling meat or dairy with residues, even if unintentional, is illegal. The USDA Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) conducts routine tests for chemicals, pesticides, and drugs in meat meant for human consumption.
To reduce the risk of finding tissue with drug residue, dairies should strictly follow treatment protocols and observe that withdrawal times are carefully followed. Additionally, dairies should ensure that only approved drugs are used, proper doses are administered, and treatment records are well maintained.
To ensure your compliance and the safety of your milk, dairy products, or meat, get your products tested! Call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit an online test request.
Contract Laboratory has helped many dairies facilitate their milk and dairy testing:
- Large Dairy company needs Europe food laboratory needed for Lead testing in Milk
- LONG-TERM TESTING Dairy needs USA Microbiology laboratory for Microbiological testing of cheese and butter and solids testing of concentrated whey. Nutritional tests. Environmental tests. Yeast & mold, coliform/e. coli, listeria, salmonella, staphylococcus, enterobacter, APC. Concentrated whey solids testing.
- Bioanalytical Laboratory needed for Analysis of recombinant bovine somatotropin in Ultra-High Processed UHT milk and possibly other dairy products
- Bioanalytical Laboratory needed for protein analysis to detect A1/A2 protein in our dairy farm’s cows.
- Agriculture food laboratory needed for dairy testing of Ploy dextrose in dairy base and soya base products.
- University Researcher needs laboratory for dairy products testing to evaluate their antibiotic and pesticide content.
- Laboratory needed for testing of dairy based chocolate vodka beverage. Alcoholic beverage formula requires testing to provide alcohol content, calories per serving size and further product breakdown to assist with product labeling and marketing efforts for Alcohol content Calorie level Fat% Sugar%
- and many more!