Accelerated weathering testing is done to reproduce any damages caused by the environment such as changes in color, fading, peeling or blistering, physical deterioration, moisture sensitivity, corrosion, and biodegradation. This type of testing can reproduce damages in a matter of days or weeks using special instruments and chambers.
Looking for a laboratory for accelerated weathering testing?
- Aviation laboratory needed for performing the following tests: ASTM-D-1149, test for ozone cracking of vulcanized rubber FED-STD 191, weathering resistance of cloth Method 5804, accelerated weathering method Weatherometer testing with 7pphm SO2 and 10pphm O3.
- Automotive textiles company needs materials laboratory needed for SAE accelerated weathering testing to SAE J2527 testing using Q-Sun Xenon Test Chamber Xe-3 weatherometer or similar machine (xenon accelerated weathering of fabric) for 500 hours and 1000 hours.
- Environmental simulation laboratory needed for accelerated weathering testing of a mini-installation of a playground made from glued playground tiles. Weathering simulation should include water submersion to simulate outdoor exposure to weather.
- Laboratory needed for ASTM Testing of anti-graffiti product to: ASTM 6578 « Graffiti Resistance » ASTM 653 « Accelerated Weathering » ASTM D6490
- Plastic Film manufacturer needs USA weathering laboratory for Accelerated weathering testing Tensile strength (Before and after weathering)
- Physical Laboratory needed for weathering testing of sheds: accelerated weathering test according to the Sub-Clause 9.3.2 of IEC 62217:2012 standard which refers to ISO 4892-2:2006 standard ->Xenon Arc method. The test object is the shed and housing material of polymeric HV insulator. 3 samples (~10x10x0.5cm)
- And many more!
Do you manufacture outdoor products and need a laboratory to perform accelerated weathering testing? Let us help you! Call us at 1-855-377-6821 or submit an accelerated weathering test request for free on our website!
Originally posted 2017-03-30 15:39:19.