ContractLaboratory.com just received a request from a cosmetics manufacturer of hair care products needing a cosmetics laboratory needed for labeling testing of fruit-based hair conditioner .
Cosmetics sold in the United States need to be in compliance with labeling requirements of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic (FD&C) Act, the Fair Packaging and Labeling (FP&L) Act, and Food and Drug Administration Regulations. These laws require Cosmetic Ingredient Labeling to declare the ingredients in descending order of predominance. Flavor, fragrance, and trade secret ingredients are excluded.
ContractLaboratory.com has helped many cosmetics, hair care, skincare manufacturers, distributors and importers with their Cosmetics Labeling Testing. Below are some examples of incoming Laboratory Test Requests :
- Tri-State USA area Cosmetics Clinical Laboratory needed for Stability, clinical, microbiology, product safety testing for haircare products for damaged, color treated and chemically treated hair Products consist of natural, partially natural and natural derived ingredients including A shampoo, hair gel, whipped hair butter (for styling) and a leave in conditioner
- USA cosmetics product safety laboratory needed for skincare product safety for substances such as hydroquinone and mercury
- Cosmetics analytical chemistry laboratory needed for chemical testing of imported acrylic nail powder prior to import.
- Florida dermatology consumer products laboratory needed for cosmetics testing of facial cream ingredient formula given .
- Cosmetics analytical chemistry laboratory needed for skincare product testing: shelf-life stability testing, antioxidant testing and consistency
- Cosmetics Manufacturer needs laboratory experienced with Amazon.com and Walmart required testing for testing of highly concentrated (> 95%) sucrose solution to be used as hair remover by adhering to the hair and physically pulling it out. It falls under the Cosmetic category. The ingredients are Sucrose, Water, Citric Acid and Lavender Fragrance. It does not contain any active ingredient or any preservative, as sucrose solution at this very high concentration is self preserved.
- LONG-TERM TESTING: USA analytical chemistry laboratory needed for skincare testing: Caffeine content tests of 3.75 oz bar soap made with coffee as well as a coffee-based body wash. Amount of caffeine per oz calculation is desired from soap samples. At least 2 to 5 samples per month of body soap bars and liquid body wash will be sent to the laboratory for caffeine content testing
If you are a cosmetics, skincare, haircare manufacturer in need of cosmetics labeling testing? Submit Cosmetics Lab Test Request or call 1-855-377-6821