International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Standards are published standards for technologies related to electrics and electronics, known as “electrotechnology”. Devices that use/produce electricity, or contain electronic components rely on standards to ensure they perform safely and as expected.
IEC standards cover a wide range of electronic technology from appliances and batteries, to solar energy and nanotechnology. The IEC also performs conformity assessments that verify components, systems, and other equipment meets or conforms to organization standards.
About 20,000 industry experts, government personnel, researchers, and others are included in writing these international standards. You can learn more about International Electrotechnical Commission IEC and its standards on the International Electrotechnical Commission website.
Need a laboratory for International Electrotechnical Commission standards testing?
Contract Laboratory frequently assists electronics companies, importers, university research scientists, distributors and retailers with outsourcing their International Electrotechnical Commission IEC standards testing projects such as :
- Electrical laboratory needed for IEC radio frequency testing of semi-rigid coaxial communication cables per IEC 61196 Standard
- Large industrial technology company needs electrical laboratory for IEC electrical performance and EMC testing of electrical substation relay to IEC 61810 or 60255 standards
- Environmental simulation laboratory needed for UV weathering testing on equipment in compliance with IEC 60068-2-5:2010 Test Sa: Simulated solar radiation at ground level and guidance for solar radiation testing, with test parameters according to: – Test procedure: C – Test temperature: 40 °C – Test duration: 240 h – IP69K rating (DIN 40050-9 standard extending the IEC 60529) – ENV 008C chemical testing
- Electrical and lighting laboratory needed for ASTM-D 5470, ASTM E1461, MET 5.4-01-40000, IEC 61189-3-913:2016 thermal conductivity testing for both of dielectric layer (represented by naturally grown oxide layer), and the whole MCPCB.
- Geo-electrical laboratory needed for testing of ground enhancing materials according to IEC 62561-7: 1. Leaching test – Based on EN12457 – 2 Part 2 and EN ? 12506 2. Sulfur test – Based on ISO 4689-3 : 2004 3. Corrosion test – Based on LPR method (Linear Polarization Resistance Method)
- Mechanical engineering laboratory needed for tumble (drop) testing according to IEC 60068-2-31, 9 devices for 100 cycles each, checking to see if the device turns on every 10 cycles.
- Large electronics company needs electrical laboratory for IEC Testing: cable tray testing as per IEC 61537
- and many more!
Contract Laboratory looks forward to helping you find an electrical laboratory to perform your International Electrotechnical Commission IEC testing! Call us at 1-855-377-6821, or submit an International Electrotechnical Commission IEC Standards Test Request online!